Halloween is Sunday, dammit!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
You know, I'm tired of this 'is Halloween on Saturday or Sunday?' crapola. Halloween is Oct 31 and if it falls on Sunday, have it on Sunday. Jeez Louise. Last time it fell on Sunday, we had a few foolish souls show up on the doorstep on Saturday and I educated them about what date Halloween was on.

Oct 31st is Halloween!!!!

Gosh.

You know, I'm tired of this 'is Halloween on Saturday or Sunday?' crapola. Halloween is Oct 31 and if it falls on Sunday, have it on Sunday. Jeez Louise. Last time it fell on Sunday, we had a few foolish souls show up on the doorstep on Saturday and I educated them about what date Halloween was on.

Gosh.
So I hope you sent the little candy beggars on their way with no treats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the reasoning behind wanting to go out with kids on a Saturday instead of a Sunday for trick-or-treating, but the reality is that most kids use it as an opportunity to go out for candy both nights. Plus, I don't want feel like I should be home both nights to hand out candy. I'm inclined to agree with Capt, if Halloween falls on a Tuesday the kids don't knock on my door Saturday, why should they do it when Halloween falls on a Sunday?

Gosh.
So I hope you sent the little candy beggars on their way with no treats.
Yes, indeed I did. And, guess what? They were back the next night.

trick or treating is a 2 day event here. the day before is for those ages 8 and under i think the next day is anyone

WTF???? what % of 8 year olds went and double dipped on that?
i don't usually see double dipping, but it allows them to hit more neighborhoods. Parents would have to drive their kids to visit our area so that helps with keeping the numbers down for us.

Parents driving kids to other neighborhoods is a pet peeve of mine. We had kids coming from ten miles away.

My house in VT was kinda oddly situated and we didn't get a soul in the 3 years we lived there. We're on a real busy street here, but have only had 1 in 2 years here. I'm guessing parents don't want the kids wandering on a busy street.

Parents driving kids to other neighborhoods is a pet peeve of mine. We had kids coming from ten miles away.
Some years, when I was a little old to trick or treat, my mom would put me on cady dispensing detail. I swear they bussed people in from the next county. Ugh.

I conveniently have a wedding to attend out of town this weekend, so I won't be distributing candy. I may have to clean egg and TP off of my house on Monday afternoon though.

When I was a kid I used to go the the rich neighborhoods to get the good candy... hell yeah! who wants to settle for "fun size" when a few miles away they're handing out king size candy bars...

side note: what is so fun about "fun size" candy... does it just sound better than "freaking tiny"?

a few people in our neighborhood push this when it comes up, I agree it should be the 31st regardless of what day of the week it falls on...I cant buy beer on Sunday in Georgia so by God I should at least be able to trick or treat!

a few people in our neighborhood push this when it comes up, I agree it should be the 31st regardless of what day of the week it falls on...I cant buy beer on Sunday in Georgia so by God I should at least be able to trick or treat!

Never been a problem the 5 years I've been in St. Louis. They always come on the night of Halloween. Most are driven into the subdivision though. Not sure where they come from.

I always have to remind them that they can only take 1 item though. Last year I had a couple kids try to take large hand fulls and I made them put it back. The irritating ones are the foreign kids who don't speak english. They can't even say "trick or treat", yet they expect me to give them handfulls of candy.

We went to a trunk or treat at one of the churches Sunday (babysitters church) and it was a blast for mini-mizzou. I was disturbed by how many tweens I saw wearing VERY provocative outfits. One that was the worst was this 12-13yo girl wearing a Raggedy Ann Costume. "Thats a wholesome outfit" you say?

It was this:
3pc-raggedy-ann-costume.jpg

AT A CHURCH FUNCTION! I expect to see that, well, in the age range in the picture above, but not in a 12yo. Thats just disturbing, plus what Mother lets her daughter out of the house dressed like that?

at the halloween stores they have dress your daughter up like a slut costumes a plenty...

Which I dont mind for the 18& up crowd, but not for my 9 year old....

We didn't have as many prostitots last year as in the past. Maybe that trend is dying out.

My soon-to-be-13yr old girl is dressing up as a Twi'lek.

+1 Star Wars

And she's going to be the cool Jedi kind, not the slave-hottie in whats-his-faces dungeon kind.

Nerdliness: A father's best friend.

Back