Halloween 2020

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeb6294

Reaction score
It's not Halloween until the Bowers go overboard.  The "Haunted Trail at the Bower Asylum" ended up using a generator and an air compressor this year. First time in a few years that we actually had good weather and I put a post on the Township FB group so we probably had a couple hundred people come through. I think it came out pretty good and still coming up with ideas for next year. Like always, we were running around until the last minute getting things set up so Lisa only got video of the first bit.

View attachment Trail 2020.mp4

nice!

did you have many treaters?

We had about 25% of the usual crowd, I was dissapointed a lot of my hood didnt participate..

I was honestly expecting it to be mobbed around here, but NOBODY had their lights on.  Jr. and Mrs. Supe tried two neighborhoods and only got a handful of houses with the occasional cluster of kids.  On the plus side, they dished it out pretty heavily since nobody was showing up.

we were going to skip but I felt bad, we put the fire pit in the garage and just put the sugar out on a table - the kids that came by were some of the nicest I think we have ever had..

also apparently now there is some expectaion of treats for the adults?  a few people kept asking and then I found out a guy on the next treat was cooking hotdogs and handing out beers..

we were going to skip but I felt bad, we put the fire pit in the garage and just put the sugar out on a table - the kids that came by were some of the nicest I think we have ever had..

also apparently now there is some expectaion of treats for the adults?  a few people kept asking and then I found out a guy on the next treat was cooking hotdogs and handing out beers..
One of minisnick's classmates lives a couple divisions down...those have always done hotdogs instead of candy.  This year they precooked and wrapped them instead of grill as they go for fresh of grill.

We just walk around the block to the 10-12 neighbors that usually pass out treats, they have never known bags overflowing with candy, but they usually get things like cans of pop, full sized candy bars, juice boxes, oatmeal cream pie cookie sandwiches....

we got about the normal crowd...~20-30 kids.  we are a bit of a jaunt from most of the townies so parents would have to drive them out to us.

I spent more time around the back of the house, so I'm not sure, but from what I saw, I think the number of people out and about was about the same. Grandma and Poppy sit out front and man the candy bowl for people who are too chicken to do the trail. I went up to light the tiki torches at our street signs at about 6:45 (official T-O-T time was 6-8) and there were quite a few people out and about.

Even though it was outside, we still spaced groups out when going through the trail, although to be honest, it was more about giving people a chance to get back in their scare spots than protection from the 'Rona.

That's weird.  Must be some wealthy Colorado BS.  The only people that have ever given anything out for adults here was one house that used to give out spiked apple cider.

BTW, I am super disappointed in this year's candy haul.  No sour patch kids, no starburst, none of those fruit flavored tootsie rolls.  I really have to work to find anything fruit-flavored in Junior's candy bag.

no milk duds here :(  

next year ill buy some cheap coors and hand out to the adults maybe... 

maybe for adults who dress up? jager shots for the moms?

Our area just had daylight trick or treating. We got the normal 20-30 kids. It was all done in about 30 mins.

We basically just had a huge candy dish out on a folding table in our driveway. We told the kids to take as much candy as they want and we still couldn't get rid of all of it.

I guess I didn't realize it in years past but several of the Mom's in our area were just walking around with a glass full of wine while taking their kids around.

Last edited by a moderator:
no milk duds here :(  

next year ill buy some cheap coors and hand out to the adults maybe... 

maybe for adults who dress up? jager shots for the moms?
my costumes are nowhere near as awesome as csb's but I usually dress up with the kiddos.  My $2 find after Halloween last year. 

IMG_6664.JPG

tenor.gif

Our neighborhood was pretty much the same as last year, except:

- 25% of the houses had their lights off, usually its 5%

- almost everyone had a table at the end of the driveway, individual baggies or a bowl on the doorstep, except:

- one guy dressed as a chef handling out candy with tongs

- 3 or 4 slides set up: put your bag on the X and the homeowner dropped it in a chute from 10' away

Next year, if (when) this is still going I am putting an X at the end of the driveway and launching full sizes with a catapult. 

It was nice to have the 31st fall on the time change day. 

SOP in our neighborhood has always been setting up in the driveway with a fire pit going so we’ve always done it that way anyway. We had a couple coolers for any adults who may have been out. One was out front by the candy and the other cooler was in the back on the stone patio where the haunted trail started for any adults who were just hanging out there while their kids did the trail.

Back