God Bless America...and help it too...please?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Silent Guardian
Reaction score
I try to stay away from these kind of sensitive topics but sometimes just cannot. I am amazed that there is still so much ignorance and racism out there.

Check the comments on Twitter. Incredible!!!!!!!

God Bless America

Twitter is a great tool for exposing your ignorance/stupidity to the greatest possible number of people. It gives a megaphone to every jag that wants one.

This sort of stuff has been going for a while now but now with twitter and all the other social media, it's becoming more prevalent.

What makes Twitter and Facebook and all the other social media crap "news" thse days. "News" used to be a presentation of the factual events of the day not some a$$hat throwing his ignorant opinion out there. All these "news" websites like to do is raise controversy and icite peoples emotions so they get more hits and can make more money.

The world will always have ignorant a$$hats, as said above...these social media outlets give 'em a megaphone.

Im not shocked that there is so much racism left in the country, but that people just dont realize that whatever you put "on the internets" usually doesnt ever completely go away....

People that think racism is gone, don't live in the real world. As long as there are humans on this planet that are different from each other it will exist. We all compare ourselves to others. As a species, we have to classify everything.

People that think racism is gone, don't live in the real world. As long as there are humans on this planet that are different from each other it will exist. We all compare ourselves to others. As a species, we have to classify everything.
How's this for a classification: we're all human.

Racism is an easy excuse for ignorant people to feel like they are better than other people. But really all it does it show how ignorant those people really are.

Racism is an easy excuse for ignorant people to feel like they are better than other people. But really all it does it show how ignorant those people really are.
I agree. I don't judge anyone by their color. Losers and winners come in all pigmentation. However, I will say that there is a reason stereotypes and profiling exist.

I'm not surprised people are just so dumb

It is a surprise that they post their dumbness, ignorance, and stupidity so openly for everybody to see it. But, since they are so dumb should not be a surprise. I do not understand it and quite frankly, do not feel like trying to.

It's a shame that these ignorant, hateful people can spew thier poison so easily and anonomysly.

It's a bigger shame that the "news" broadcasts it to wider audience. Where is the ignore button?

I agree. I don't judge anyone by their color. Losers and winners come in all pigmentation. However, I will say that there is a reason stereotypes and profiling exist.
Statistics become "profiling" when they are applied to people.

You say ignorant, I say stupid.

But, a large number of people are stupid. If it isn't race, its religion, which judging by the past in Ireland and Africa can be an even more violent form of us vs them.

people will always find some way to class folks into us vs them and make trouble.

Back