Georgia PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SOS also is sending out e-mails confirming licensure. My results were posted on the website about 9:00 yesterday morning, and I got an e-mail at about 5:45 yesterday evening. So I wouldn't give up hope until you got some hard evidence that you didn't pass.

Looks like to me that they stopped posting at the H's. At least thats what I hope since my name starts w/ an M.

Looks like to me that they stopped posting at the H's. At least thats what I hope since my name starts w/ an M.

I am pretty sure that they haven't done anything today. That was from yesterday when they ended at the H's.

They have started posting numbers again...hopefully they get them all in today!

Man, that is brutal and completely insensitive the way they are dragging this out. After waiting to an unprecidented late date to start posting names, at least three days so far of starting, stopping, and starting, skipping people alphabetically and then coming back to them later after they think they have missed the cut. I'm glad it wasn't this torturous when I was waiting on results; waiting is hard enough without this kind of crap. Someone needs to crack the whip over there.

Worse than the brutal starting/stopping is the fact that I failed for the third time. At least they waited until after Christmas.

I never got an email from the GA board like others??????

I NEED HELP!!!

I didn't pass, I got my results. I did really good in everything except GEOTECH. I got 12% correct!!!! Everything else was 65%-100%. I missed the 70% overall by a few questions.

Can anyone in the Atlanta area help me with Geotech??? I never took a class on it.

PM me if you are willing to help.

Do you have the 6 minute solutions for geotech? That may help, I didn't actually use it so I'm only speculating.

I used the "Practice Problems for the Civil Engineering PE Exam : A Companion to the Civil Engineering Reference Manual" to study for the exam and felt that the geotech problems there did a really good job of preparing me for the exam.

I NEED HELP!!!

I didn't pass, I got my results. I did really good in everything except GEOTECH. I got 12% correct!!!! Everything else was 65%-100%. I missed the 70% overall by a few questions.

Can anyone in the Atlanta area help me with Geotech??? I never took a class on it.

PM me if you are willing to help.
You got a degree in Civil Engineering and didn't have to take a geotechnical class? I know that they Board of Regents really dumbed down the curriculum for Civil degrees when they switched to semesters instead of quarters, but I didn't know they messed it up that bad.

You got a degree in Civil Engineering and didn't have to take a geotechnical class? I know that they Board of Regents really dumbed down the curriculum for Civil degrees when they switched to semesters instead of quarters, but I didn't know they messed it up that bad.
That isn't really relevant to the conversation or terribly constructive. How about you help gte959s out by offering some helpful advice instead of being a jerk.

That isn't really relevant to the conversation or terribly constructive. How about you help gte959s out by offering some helpful advice instead of being a jerk.
I was going to say it but I stopped myself. Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Hey, KEG and gte959s, I know the feeling. I passed my 4th PE exam. You can't give up. Whether you take the exam again in April or wait until later, I hope you DO take it again.

BTW, I passed Civil PE and never had a Geotech class. OH, WAIT! I never even finished my degree. Wow, imagine that! I guess it didn't matter if it was semesters or quarters for me. And it surely didn't matter if I never took a certain class. There is more than one way to learn.

Wasn't being a jerk, it is actually a slam on the Board of Regents. The Board of Regents is doing a disservice to new grads since the conversion of quarters to semesters by not requiring that them to take at least one class in all the major disciplines of Civil Engineering. I am appreciative that all the disciples were required when I graduated.

As for what to do to help, I would suggest just working as many practice exams as possible and making sure you tab the CERM for each problem you come across in Geotech. I would agree that the 6 minute solutions for Geotech would be a good start, although I didn't use it either. That will give you plenty of solved problems and probably be a little overkill since it would also cover depth questions but it may just prove to be the best crash course you need.

Wasn't being a jerk, it is actually a slam on the Board of Regents. The Board of Regents is doing a disservice to new grads since the conversion of quarters to semesters by not requiring that them to take at least one class in all the major disciplines of Civil Engineering. I am appreciative that all the disciples were required when I graduated.
As for what to do to help, I would suggest just working as many practice exams as possible and making sure you tab the CERM for each problem you come across in Geotech. I would agree that the 6 minute solutions for Geotech would be a good start, although I didn't use it either. That will give you plenty of solved problems and probably be a little overkill since it would also cover depth questions but it may just prove to be the best crash course you need.

I agree about the board or regents too. They really screwed some of us. But I did take a lot of construction class which help me get 78% of those correct.

I only missed the PE by 2-3 questions even with getting the 12% on Geo, so I am good for the next go around.

Has everyone received their letters? I know I failed but I'm still waiting on my diagnostics (and official word that I failed).

Has anyone in GA received their wall certificate yet after paying for one? I sent my request in back in early mid January and still haven't received it yet. Just wondering if anyone else has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back