Georgia PE License after test

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nahkym

Reaction score
Does anyone know know , how does one get PE license in Georgia after passing the test.

In Georgia PE test is allowed after getting experience and submitting application to board .

Is there any additional application that needs to be made to get PE license after test results are out?

@nahkym, there is no additional application required. You will automatically be given a PE license after you pass.
Does anyone know know , how does one get PE license in Georgia after passing the test.

In Georgia PE test is allowed after getting experience and submitting application to board .

Is there any additional application that needs to be made to get PE license after test results are out?
How long did it take from notice of passing to assignment of license #? I found out I passed last week (3/23/21) and showing passing on NCEES but I am still pending on the Georgia's website. When I call NCEES they say to call SOS and vis versa. I think I may just be inpatient and need to wait on processing but since CBT is newer I don't know how it works.

I do remember having to fill out another form after passing CBT FE to get my EIT license # but that does not seem to be the case for PE, (right?).

How long did it take from notice of passing to assignment of license #? I found out I passed last week (3/23/21) and showing passing on NCEES but I am still pending on the Georgia's website. When I call NCEES they say to call SOS and vis versa. I think I may just be inpatient and need to wait on processing but since CBT is newer I don't know how it works.

It sounds like you just passed a CBT PE exam? Congrats!

I can't speak to Georgia specifically but nationwide it's not clear that NCEES transmits passing CBT scores immediately to the State boards. IIRC it happens in regular batches. I don't know when and how often those transmissions occur.

It's only been a week so you may be just in the middle of one of those cycles. Unless you have a pressing need to get licensed immediately then I'd recommend just waiting patiently. It'll happen soon enough. A year from now you won't care that it took a few weeks to get licensed.

FWIW, Georgia is recently one of the later States to release the P&P exam results. So them taking extra time to issue a license it completely on brand.

It sounds like you just passed a CBT PE exam? Congrats!

I can't speak to Georgia specifically but nationwide it's not clear that NCEES transmits passing CBT scores immediately to the State boards. IIRC it happens in regular batches. I don't know when and how often those transmissions occur.

It's only been a week so you may be just in the middle of one of those cycles. Unless you have a pressing need to get licensed immediately then I'd recommend just waiting patiently. It'll happen soon enough. A year from now you won't care that it took a few weeks to get licensed.

FWIW, Georgia is recently one of the later States to release the P&P exam results. So them taking extra time to issue a license it completely on brand.
Thanks! As part of the 2 covid cancellations and the P&P swap to CBT I am very glad it is done.

Thank you for the information, sounds like patience is the answer.

Thanks! As part of the 2 covid cancellations and the P&P swap to CBT I am very glad it is done.

Thank you for the information, sounds like patience is the answer.
Still haven't received my PE # from Georgia's SOS. They keep opening tickets and telling me to call back later. It's been 10 weeks now and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me (CBT Power PE exam).

Still haven't received my PE # from Georgia's SOS. They keep opening tickets and telling me to call back later. It's been 10 weeks now and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me (CBT Power PE exam).
Got it today. Seems they pushed mine through when they were processing the pencil/paper folks from the April exam. Probably means they will post those soon for any GA people that are waiting for the SoS website to go back active.

Back