Gas Prices

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Monday I filled up at 2.81. Went by the same place Tuesday afternoon and it was 2.91.

Talk abut good timing!

Saved a buck fiddy.

I've noticed a trend among the gas stations near me. When gas prices decline, they typically do so a penny at a time. If they go up they go up by 10 cents. Usually the price will drop a penny a day for a few days, then shoot up 10 cents over night. The cycle repeats pretty much weekly. Sucks if you catch them on the day when the bumped the price up. :(

Wow your gasoline is cheap. Right now the going price here is $1.135 per litre, or about $4.30 per U.S. gallon. The Canadian dollar is just about par now so the price in U.S. currency would be about the same. Not something I like but I cut back on beer to afford it.

I've noticed a trend among the gas stations near me. When gas prices decline, they typically do so a penny at a time. If they go up they go up by 10 cents. Usually the price will drop a penny a day for a few days, then shoot up 10 cents over night. The cycle repeats pretty much weekly. Sucks if you catch them on the day when the bumped the price up. :(

Holiday travel increases prices. I know it's supply v demand... but I think it's really that we are getting bent by the oil companies

the gas stations around work jump on 20 cent increments. I come into town thinking great its cheaper then at home, i'll stop after work...7.5 hrs later it jumped 20 cents. There are no patterns to it either, it isn't always on a monday or a thurdays.

Holiday travel increases prices. I know it's supply v demand... but I think it's really that we are getting bent by the oil companies
this isn't a holiday travel occurrence, this is how the prices have fluctuated for months/years.

I use a Gas Buddy app on my phone. Usually when I spot a jump in prices, I can still find a station nearby that hasn't raised it yet. The savings usually cover my 6 pack of PBR.

Back