Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally watched episode 9 last night. Pretty epic battle. Very reminiscent of LOTR in a way.

As for the season finale, one word...........DRAGONS. ;)

I hope so but who is she close enough to fight?

I guess I can switch over to Falling Skies after next week...

Don't want to derail this too much, but how do you like Falling Skies? I was considering picking that up as well...

I hope so but who is she close enough to fight?

I guess I can switch over to Falling Skies after next week...
Well, she's been on a tear eradicating slave owners. Wouldn't you think eventually they'd start to fight back?

I have a feeling the season finale will be spent more in Kings Landing though...

Falling Skies is decent (Spielberg)..It kind of reminds me of the original V and Battlestar Galliactica, enough action for a TV series and just a tad of cheesyness.. Its better than Revolutoin and I think its even better than TWD! It could use more skin though...

I had to read up on Alliser..

I wonder if the "caste black" would work in the real world, where you have so many former enemies quasi united in a common good. Of course no zombies and giants in the real world, but all these former nights of different Kings given the choice to either die or be "banished" to the "wall" I guess similar things happened in mediveal times ...

You mean something like the French Foreign Legion, except with lifelong service?

10366020_974306675932119_1643790460788116614_n.jpg

I think they should have just sucked it up and made that at least 90 minutes last night..

Good episode but felt very rushed..

Im looking at a Map but wasnt Stannis last seen near the ocean? I wonder how he knew the wall was in trouble? Or was that just coincidence?

I cant tell if I should finish reading the first book or jump to the 3rd????

So who will be the new hand of the king? Can Jaimee serve in that capacity and resign from the Kings Guard?

I was guessing that Sam Tully would have been the one to kill "red" that would have been awkward.......

Did (guy in charge of the crows die?, the one that hated Snow, but just before the battle kind of amditted they needed each other)

They never really mentioned what happened to all the Ravens the crows sent south, they showed Stannis's opening one of them but I guess the rest of the coutry is too busy drinking wine and fucking to send help their way?

I wish they would finally close the loop on:

The Stark Sisters (Will they be reunited) - ?

I am sure 100% that Tyrion esacpes, just curious to see how it goes down..

Havent seen Bran in a while (but they teased it in the look a head) I dont understand what he is searching for..

Whose the big dramatic death will we see at the end?

I think they should have just sucked it up and made that at least 90 minutes last night..

Good episode but felt very rushed..

Im looking at a Map but wasnt Stannis last seen near the ocean? I wonder how he knew the wall was in trouble? Or was that just coincidence?

I cant tell if I should finish reading the first book or jump to the 3rd????

So who will be the new hand of the king? Can Jaimee serve in that capacity and resign from the Kings Guard?
Read your highlighted above...

1) I too felt the whole thing was rushed. Too much happening in 66 minutes for the sake of fitting it in.

2) Was glad to see Tyrion seal the deal on both fronts at the end. Was surprised to see Varys set sail with him. Assuming he won't be returning? Seems like an awful lot to just throw away.

3) Was the Dragon Queen's dragon the one that torched the kid, or was there another one? I assume it was hers, but the description sounded off.

4) Loved Arya just leaving her buddy there to rot away. I think a lot of us were expecting her to put him out of his misery, especially after his voice broke and he nearly started to cry.

5) Curious to see how John Snow and Stannis will clash moving forward.

6) Wondering what significance the three eyed crow will play in all of this, other than somehow tying the little brother to dragons in some regard.

7) What the hell am I going to watch for the next year while we wait for the return?

1) I too felt the whole thing was rushed. Too much happening in 66 minutes for the sake of fitting it in.

2) Was glad to see Tyrion seal the deal on both fronts at the end. Was surprised to see Varys set sail with him. Assuming he won't be returning? Seems like an awful lot to just throw away.

3) Was the Dragon Queen's dragon the one that torched the kid, or was there another one? I assume it was hers, but the description sounded off.

4) Loved Arya just leaving her buddy there to rot away. I think a lot of us were expecting her to put him out of his misery, especially after his voice broke and he nearly started to cry.

6) Wondering what significance the three eyed crow will play in all of this, other than somehow tying the little brother to dragons in some regard.

7) What the hell am I going to watch for the next year while we wait for the return?
1) That's where there are 1000+ pages to each book

2) I was cheering when I read about his part. Not sure where Varys goes, but Tyrion's path becomes quite interesting

3) It was her dragon. It leads to several things with her and her city in the next season

4) Arya's path only gets better from there.

5) Are you familiar with the term "oil and water"?

6) The 3 eye crow is only symbolic of Bran's growing ability to "see" things others cannot.

7) Orange is the New Black and Dr Who both have new episodes on Netflix...

Go ahead and tell me who is the next hand of the king?

I guess I just didnt think Stannis could get there that quick.. Odd that it was about to be a truce between them I think......

1) That's where there are 1000+ pages to each book

2) I was cheering when I read about his part. Not sure where Varys goes, but Tyrion's path becomes quite interesting

3) It was her dragon. It leads to several things with her and her city in the next season

4) Arya's path only gets better from there.

5) Are you familiar with the term "oil and water"?

6) The 3 eye crow is only symbolic of Bran's growing ability to "see" things others cannot.

7) Orange is the New Black and Dr Who both have new episodes on Netflix...

Should have been more specific on #6 - I'm referring to the guy in the tree, not so much the vision of the crow itself.

Haven't seen the final episode yet, but if it's the tree-guy I'm thinking of from the books, he becomes Bran's tutor on how to be a better warg (one who can control animals). Bran is one of the most powerful wargs ever discovered (all of the Stark kids can do it with their respective dire-wolves in the book, but only Bran is aware he can control it). Most wargs can only "bond" with one animal (like the wildling with his eagle), but Bran is able to bond with any of them and is learning he can also see through the weirwoods (remember the carved faces in the trees?). There really isn't much in the books after he finds the tree-man, so I really don't know where it goes from there.

Go ahead and tell me who is the next hand of the king?

I guess I just didnt think Stannis could get there that quick.. Odd that it was about to be a truce between them I think......
I could tell you who the next hand is, but it's really not that interesting....yet.

There is a truce, but neither of them really like the other.

1) Or perhaps a 2-part episode... :D

2) Very much agreed. I actually laughed when Varys boarded the ship. Heard the city bells, lots of disarray, THE HELL WITH IT. I'M OUTTA HERE! LOL!

3) I just assumed it was her dragon as they are the only 3 living dragons in the 7 kingdoms, correct?

4) Really liking Arya's character as I've mentioned before. Awesome that she is going to Bravos. An assassin in the making. :thumbs: BTW, IMO that was an epic battle between the Hound and Brianne. Both fought pretty d@mn hard. I was starting to like his character because he truly was looking out for Arya or he would have ditched her long ago. To what end though now that there was no reward in sight? Who knows...

5) Not to mention the "fire chick" eyeing up Snow. Here we go again with one of her "ceremonies".

6) That whole side story sure took a turn. Very odd.

7) As for this item, Supe I thought the answer was obvious ;) :

recorder-l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you really only have to wait 9.5 months...

Falling skies through summer

The walking dead - fall

Football season

Then it's about back...

I got halfway through what I thought was the first book, realized I had actually bought the second book and started reading it... Not sure if I should stop and go by the first book? Or just keep going... I think I will keep going....

Back