Formula 1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwin12

Reaction score
Anyone else into it? I had to think about why I am really into it: drama, speed, crashes, shiny objects, its a travelling circus, Europe/foreign destinations, etc.

I settled on "engineers are the real winners in Formula 1". That's why I have always liked it and why I am glad its easier to acquire nowadays.

I follow F1, and am much happier now that Kimi is retired and I don't have to watch my favorite driver suffer with a second rate team. This season, I am thoroughly enjoying watching Toto Wolff suffer. Its nice to see K-Mag performing well in his Haas return, and as much as I loathe the Mercedes team, I do enjoy watching Russell and was a fan of him back with Williams.

It's a shame so much of the mechanical systems of F1 are kept secret. I always look forward to seeing a few of the YouTube channels I subscribe to do the aero analyses, especially when they get a chance to see the underside of the cars after a wreck, or a wreck reveals some previously hidden cross section.

I am really enjoying the Haas resurgence, maybe Mick will get it together soon. Gunther Steiner comes across as the coolest person on the planet, at least per Drive to Survive editing.

Its such a cool sport to watch and be a fan of the sport, not a particular team/driver.

Anyone else into it? I had to think about why I am really into it: drama, speed, crashes, shiny objects, its a travelling circus, Europe/foreign destinations, etc.

I settled on "engineers are the real winners in Formula 1". That's why I have always liked it and why I am glad its easier to acquire nowadays.
I wasn't into it until your post! So cool! I'm catching highlights on Formula E, as well. ::dentist drill sounds::

Growing up I was more into WRC, so now I'm also interested to watch electric rally cars race.

Back