Forget mainstream music, post your favorite songs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 hour ago, Roarbark said:

If you scroll a little further down my all time listened list, there's a bunch of Camino songs in there :) .
Forgot about the animal album, really amazing compositions. Just hard (for me) to listen to those songs unless you're JUST listening to it. The changes in rhythm and unusual melodies take too much of my attention to work while it's on. 

I should re-listen to them though, it's been a while.

Haven't heard of that last one though! Added to my pyre. "Thank for the light"!

@Road Guy, I figured out why Joe Purdy's voice was so familiar. It's has a kind of similar quality to the singer of a band named Pinegrove (video 1 below) @Dothracki you'll probably like this one :) . Bonus, NJ gets a name drop.

Then Darlingside and Caitlin Canty, who's got a "Casually devastating" voice.
"Nothing runs like water when your one true love is gone. Every day that comes along has a silver medal on."

Thanks! The last one isn't the best vocal but the singer is playing the hurdy gurdy (an old medieval instrument) which is very unique. It's like a cross between a violin, guitar, and jack-in-the-box.

I like Pinegrove, they have so many relatable NY/NJ references in the couple of songs I listened to. He's a good singer as well.

Darlingside is very good as well. Don't see many bands doing multiple vocal harmonies like they do. Their cover of Knights of Cydonia is pretty amazing to listen to. They also have a good cover of 1979. Not to discount their original music.

Anyone here know UFO.

michael Schenker is a guitar master enjoy.

i highly recommend their live album Strangers in the Night.  You intense workout people (and rock/metal fans) might like it for a workout tape.

Last edited by a moderator:

I love this cover!

Their cover of Jolene is awesome as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're looking for something you can play in the background all day long, give Joe Pass a try. First heard of him back in like 2005 when a friend gave me one of his CDs. I wish I could play like him.

This is kind of pop/alternative, but the singer sounds very country. A very uplifting song in these hard times.

Back