Football 2021 (NFL / NCAA)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that holding call late in the game should not have happened because the entire o-line minus the center jumped and should have been called for false start.
Yeah I saw that too. I remember something looking "off" during the game but forgot all about it because there was no flag. The when you watch the video replay it's not even close...they all took like a full step before the ball was snapped.

As a millennial, I felt the halftime show was very much for my generation. Maybe this is one place where Gen X and Millenials have some overlap!

I didn't watch the show (or the game, sadly), but I'm pretty sure all of the artists were still pretty popular when I was in high school. I'm a young-ish millennial.

See, here's your problem, you need to look at when artists debuted, not when you think they were popular.

We (Gen X) made great music, hence, artists stuck around for multiple generations. You (millennials) on the other hand, your music is garbage that becomes irrelevant in about a week.

See, here's your problem, you need to look at when artists debuted, not when you think they were popular.

We (Gen X) made great music, hence, artists stuck around for multiple generations. You (millennials) on the other hand, your music is garbage that becomes irrelevant in about a week.
Ouch. Not necessarily disagreeing, but ouch nonetheless.

I fortunately don't subscribe to most of the garbage out there.

did you even notice in real time? or only when they slowed it down in replay?

that holding call late in the game should not have happened because the entire o-line minus the center jumped and should have been called for false start.
I see your point, and generally agree with you that slow motion with ultra high definition tvs and 57398425429837 cameras makes it easy to criticize the refs or find a penalty on every paly. But Ramsey was stumbling past him on an underthrown ball. Its really hard to make a play on an underthrown ball when your head is getting pulled forward and down, and additionally the tug helped the received decelerate.

Last point, I think the refs were just as surprised that Burrow was chucking a 45 yard pass on the first play after halftime as the Rams were. I assume they were not in proper position, but have not checked.

Everyone know that Stafford was going to Kupp on just about every play on the Rams last drive and the Bengals still could not stop it. The Bengals had no answer.

The Bengals better get some Burrow some Oline help in the offseason.

Despite the surprising season, it's pretty safe to say that everyone here absolutely hates the team owner Mike Brown. He refuses to get a GM because he thinks he's good at running a team because his dad was really good at it, but he's terrible. Everybody and their brother knows they need to go after O-line during the offseason/draft, but it wouldn't surprise me if he screws that up. The hope here is that he's finally old enough that the rest of the family and coaches are able to make more of those decisions now.

i.e. In the 2017 draft, Mike Brown decided to draft John Ross because he was fast. Terrible receiver, but he was fast...major bust. The very next pick after the Bengals, the Chiefs drafted some hack named Patrick Mahomes.

Back