Florida Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JUST found out about the SE and I passed! I AM DONE WITH ENGINEERING EXAMS!!!!
Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment! :beerchug:

I still have that exam looming over my head, but for now I'm trying not to think about it too much and just enjoy being an ordinary PE!

Could be that the FBPE email got filtered as spam. It might be worth the trouble to look into that so you can receive emails from them in the future.

Hey all,

I just spoke with FBPE and wanted to give you guys the head's up that if you plan on signing and sealing anything in connection with a building as a delegated engineer (for instance precast calcs/plans) then you'll need to take an advanced Florida Building Code course and submit a copy of the certificate to the board--even if someone else is the EOR for the overall project. You'll also have to wait until you're issued a license number before taking the course.

Hope this helps clarify things in case anyone else was wondering.

That I don't know. The way I interpret the statute is that if you do engineering work on something that's covered by the FBC, then you're required to take a course on a portion of the code that's applicable to your area of practice. From a quick glance at the table of contents I didn't see anything regarding site drainage or roadways, but you might want to confirm with the board whether or not you'll need it too.

Here's a link to the statute and the FBC if you want to take a look and decide for yourself:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0400-0499/0471/Sections/0471.0195.html

http://ecodes.biz/ecodes_support/Free_Resources/2010Florida/2010Florida_main.html

Congratulations to ALL that passed!! See link on HOME PAGE, visit ENGINEERSEALS.COM or call us at 972-709-0791

TO ORDER YOUR STAMP OR SEAL TODAY!!

Most orders ship same day if ordered before noon, Central Standard Time.

Has anyone else in FL who passed still waiting for a license number to be assigned?

Back