Fishy NCEES photos?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d2f915832ac350feb9f3169cc49ee2ab.jpg

since this is the off season pick on NCEES thread:

I may be old but I don't see a safety vest in this job site photo (what is the OSHA fine for this?)

525x242licensure_surveying.jpg

since this is the off season pick on NCEES thread:

I may be old but I don't see a safety vest in this job site photo (what is the OSHA fine for this?)

525x242licensure_surveying.jpg
I don't believe OSHA requires vests. It't typically the govt agency for projects in/near public roadways.

We didn't need them when building the parking structures, but the contractor's safety plan said they would be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been on a grading site that didn't require them..

There is enough grey area in the PPE section that you could read it is or is not required. Surely not wearing one is not best practice though...

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id=10658

but OSHA fines the Contractor not the owner (Government Agency) they generally do not care what the G-men do, its their workers, so there is a chance the woman pictured is some G-worker ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if she failed on purpose just so she can retake the class?

My wife said she would do anything to help me and support me to pass the PE.

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046.png

I might be tempted to poke fun at SoP but I think I am in love with that girl in yellow, with the long black wavey hair, in the front, so I can't see anything past her.

http://www.schoolofpe.com/

That photo represents the traditional engineering ratio, 1 female to a bunch of guys. I think they put the woman in bright yellow in the front row on purpose, so she would stand out as to show their "diversity".

Back