February Survey Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTB_EGR

Reaction score
Hello! Who else is anxiously waiting for the survey exam results? I took it last week. From the previous thread it looks like the results will come out on the 12th. Please post if you get your results!

Also took the exam last week and am also anxious for the results haha. This was my second try, so hoping for a better result this time! :)

I received my results at 2:07 AM. It was my first try and I passed.

Now onto taking the seismic exam. I started studying for it two weeks ago and am already feeling less confident about it than the surveying exam.
Congrats! I think seismic is a little more difficult but totally doable if you put in the time. I failed first go then really put in the time and second round I left the exam really confident. You go it bro! Just put in the work!

which books did you use? Also congrats
I used Civil surveying Review Workshop by Reza Mahallati. I think he did a good job preparing us for the exam and his practice problems were good. They were on the side of too hard for the test but that is better than the opposite.

which books did you use? Also congrats

While the question wasn't directed to me, I'll share my experience.

I signed up for the Civil PE Surveying Review course. I went through all the CPESR videos and did the quizzes associated with them. Then I used Reza's Civil Surveying Review Workshop book and did all the practice problems and quizzes. After finishing Reza's practice problems, I spent the final three weeks before my exam doing practice exams—two from Reza, one from PE Prepared, and six computer-based tests from CPESR. On weeknights when I didn't have 2.5 hours to do a practice exam, I did computer-based quizzes from CPESR. By the time I went to the exam, I had done every problem from Reza and all the problems in CPESR's bank of questions.

During the exam, I mostly used the CPESR manual. There were a handful of questions (about five) that I used Reza's book for. I found Reza's book to be better for questions about probability. Also, I made a binder with solutions to common problem types. That was extremely helpful since it allowed me to quickly solve problems on the exam with minimal effort/thought.

Back