FE Passed.. Need Help to prepare for PE. Civil now

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This route always confused me. I wasn't sure about if you really needed the FE or not, but I took it because I will need FE for most other states.

I'm in the "non-traditional" bracket, I have a degree, but it is in Land Planning, but I'v been working in CE for 15+ years. I was planning to test in MD, then apply for reciprocity in PA when my four (now three) years are up.

Someone mentioned IL had a deadline of February. Is that for first time applicants?

Do we know anyone who ever did the "non-academic" route in MD?

There was one guy at the PE review class I took at UMD who was taking the experience track. His degree was in forestry, but his career had transitioned into stream restoration work. Can't really tell you much more than that, but yes, people do it. :B

Someone mentioned IL had a deadline of February. Is that for first time applicants?

According to the CTS website and the way I read it, that deadline is for all applicants that have passed the FE and have an ABET accredited degree, both first time test takers and repeat takers.

Their website also states that people without ABET accredited degrees need to apply directly to IDFPR. I would assume that their deadline is the same.

Thank you all for your valuable info and help. I passed civil construction PE in my first try :)

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend. Adios

Back