Fastest State to Transfer PE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see many P.Eng's working in NYC all of the time.
I don't think it really matters if they are licensed or not. It may simply depend on your employer and if they have someone with a PE in NY.
I think that Steel Man wants to be a full-fledged, American PE, and has completed the requirements for most states (assuming he passed the exam). He just made the mistake of applying to take the exam in New York which has all kinds of extra requirements, and are just a general PITA when it comes to licensing. If he can get the exam results transferred to another state, it shouldn't be an issue getting licensed. But NY might be reluctant to transfer the scores without granting him a license first.
Don't you need to pass the EIT in a US state prior to taking the PE?

Just take the PE in the same state you took the EIT.

wil is right, I wanted to become a US PE and hopefully SE, to be honest I like the US codes better than CAnadian.

Yes I have passed the FE last APril 2010, i took both FE and PE in Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
canada_large.jpg

Actually, I kid. I've gone on 3 Canadian vacations and loved all of them.

canada_large.jpg

You mean to tell me that you are going to slap my wrists over an avatar that has a middle finger on it and yet you post an image that states "It's really fucking cold"...

That's not very appropriate for a professional forum such as this.

You mean to tell me that you are going to slap my wrists over an avatar that has a middle finger on it and yet you post an image that states "It's really fucking cold"...
I'd be surprised if anyone slapped your wrist over that seeing as how this emoticon is available.

:redface:

That guy seems familiar to me. He reminds me somebody that talked all the time about being professional, was onto spell properly and crap like that. This is a message board dude. Wake up

canada_large.jpg

What did Canada ever do to you?

I was wondering which state will accept out of state PE the fastest and can find a job easily?
I found Florida to be very responsive and helpful. I have an NCEES record, but I think I had an email response advising me I was approved within days. Kentucky was super easy with a record, but I don't think that will help in your situation. Perhaps you could talk to the Florida Board and explain the situation?

I did looked at the NCEES website, I think I have to pass PE before getting an NCEES record.
Yes, you do. And I'm fairly certain that you have to be licensed in your home state before getting it too.

That's what I was trying to say before. I'm not sure if it's possible to use your exam results to get licensure in another state with just your exam results, school transcripts, and experience without already having a license in your home state.

I hate to say it, but this is something you should have researched before you applied in New York.

Not true. NYS does not require a license in another state. If you have the required experience and have passed the required exams, NYS will review your application and issue a license.

I did looked at the NCEES website, I think I have to pass PE before getting an NCEES record.
Yes, you do. And I'm fairly certain that you have to be licensed in your home state before getting it too.

That's what I was trying to say before. I'm not sure if it's possible to use your exam results to get licensure in another state with just your exam results, school transcripts, and experience without already having a license in your home state.

I hate to say it, but this is something you should have researched before you applied in New York.

Not true. NYS does not require a license in another state. If you have the required experience and have passed the required exams, NYS will review your application and issue a license.
That doesn't contradict what I said. I said I wasn't sure if it was possible to transfer to another state without already being licensed in another. Apparently that is possible in New York. However, I'm still fairly certain that you cannot obtain an NCEES record without being licensed in your home state.

That doesn't contradict what I said. I said I wasn't sure if it was possible to transfer to another state without already being licensed in another. Apparently that is possible in New York. However, I'm still fairly certain that you cannot obtain an NCEES record without being licensed in your home state.

This is what you said:

This is what you said:
I know. I said "I'm not sure" and you said "not true." How do you know if I wasn't sure about that?

Back