Fantasy Football 2020

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger15

FEA Wizard
Reaction score
is this pickem or league?

is nfl gonna get the 19 and cancel? what if your team stays uninfected do you get a bonus?

if the season depends on the average nfl player having the discipline to not go out and party like the marlins then it will probably be a short season

Assuming that the NFL season exists... Are we playing fantasy football again this year? I'm going to tag those that played last year, but in my opinion, everyone is welcome.

@jean15paul_PE @chart94 @Ranger1316 @akwooly @youngmotivatedengineer @NikR_PE @ZW_Pub_Power @ChebyshevII PE @tj_PE @Road Guy

Everyone in? Anyone want any format changes?

@Ranger1316, you going to be commish again? 
I had no idea what I was doing last season and I didn't even put in the effort to learn. So I will pass on this.

last time we used the ESPN Fantasy App, the "basic" rules, 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB 1 Flex I think?

Although football is way different than baseball I cant really watch baseball minus the crowds. Its really strange, I think football is going to be the same way, probably going to be hard to watch.

is nfl gonna get the 19 and cancel? what if your team stays uninfected do you get a bonus?
This was the fantasy league. Not the Pick'em.

What's the format of the league?

last time we used the ESPN Fantasy App, the "basic" rules, 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB 1 Flex I think?

Although football is way different than baseball I cant really watch baseball minus the crowds. Its really strange, I think football is going to be the same way, probably going to be hard to watch.
What @Road Guy said. I think maybe we did PPR, but I'm not sure. Also we played for free last year... just for fun / bragging rights. Sounds like @chart94 wants to put some $ on the line. 

One thing to think about... Especially if we're playing for money.

How do we handle the season getting canceled or postponed. Does everyone get their money back? Do we declare someone the winner? Based on what: best record? most points? Should it be based on date, like before week 9 everyone gets a refund, after week 9 we declare a winner?

COVID is going to make this season extra complex.

One thing to think about... Especially if we're playing for money.

How do we handle the season getting canceled or postponed. Does everyone get their money back? Do we declare someone the winner? Based on what: best record? most points? Should it be based on date, like before week 9 everyone gets a refund, after week 9 we declare a winner?

COVID is going to make this season extra complex.
Yeah maybe just bragging rights this year. Might be to difficult with this season..

Id rather put a few bucks in, if the season gets cancelled we can just refund all the money... money makes everything more fun.. and less fun at the same time...

Not the Pickem... As others have said.

I dunno about doing a Pickem this year, as I don't know how a season is going to actually happen...

So maybe well do this next year!

Ill at least offer to do Super Bowl Squares..

I am not "boycotting" the NFL, but I am not watching it. My team has always sucked, will continue to suck so I decided  early in the summer I wasnt going to let them invest so much time in my head as they have in the past.  Which also has had the indrect result of losing interest following the rest of the league.

But I am going to pull for the Las Vegas Raiders in secret....

CFB also just doesnt seem "right" for some reason, very stale to watch (what little I have)

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL and CFB feel like the World Series that followed the protest.  Schedules are jacked up, conferences sitting out, half the players/personnel are/are going to be sidelined due to positive COVID tests at some point - both championships are sort of a consolation prize this year.

Don't know why, but I sort of root for the LV hockey team, but also hope the Raiders fail miserably.  Probably because of the Davis family and that fucking haircut.

NFL-Raiders-Davis.png

Speaking of hockey...The Stanley Cup is going on!  Couldn't really believe the Lakers making the NBA finals got more press than the double OT win on Saturday by the Stars. It was intense! Game 6, tonight...

Back