Fall 2014 CA pass rates now available

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are California passing rates so much lower than the national passing rates posted on NCEES?

Why are California passing rates so much lower than the national passing rates posted on NCEES?

I think part of it is because the CA stats you see don't break out 1st timers with repeat takers. So it will be more of an average of the two. Also, at least for Civil, we have three exams to pass and the average is to pass only one each time but often you have examinees sitting for one or both of the other two. Lastly, the weather is always nice outside. ;)

Also, at least for Civil, we have three exams to pass

to get your PE license in CA do you need to pass all three of the 'Principles & Practices', 'Seismic Principles', and 'Engineering Surveying' exams?

Also, at least for Civil, we have three exams to pass

to get your PE license in CA do you need to pass all three of the 'Principles & Practices', 'Seismic Principles', and 'Engineering Surveying' exams?

Correct. NCEES 8 hour, CA-Survey (2.5 hour), CA-Seismic (2.5 hour). Technically 4 exams - the 4th exam is the take-home.

i see, thanks for the info. if my company ever lands a project in CA it looks like i'll be gearing up for more exams.

alternatively, you could gear up for more exams so they can land a project in CA ;)

i sat for two PE exams in one year, i'm taking a breather from test-taking unless it's an absolute necessity :)

Back