Failed my electronics PE exam need help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmetal,

Sadly, I don't remember all the videos I researched. I do remember watching videos from Rolinychpetin's Channel and Raiya Energy Academy's Channel. I know Raiya Academy is focused on the FE/EIT side, however it helped me relearn bode plots. Rolinycheptin's Videos are great for grasping the fundamentals (FETs, BJTs, etc); I would recommend him.

ElectronicsPePrep's Channel has a fair amount of videos overall, it appears it still lacking in the Electromagnetics area (Antennas), but its a good starting point. If you are still looking for a Communication book, I recommend Modern Electronic Communication (9780131130371). I think amazon has it for $7 (worth it).

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything more I can do.
Thank you so much, my mother-in-law has graciously agreed to help me do the school of PE so that is very exciting.  I have the summer off as a substitute teacher and I am going to treat studying like a full-time job.

Thank you so much, my mother-in-law has graciously agreed to help me do the school of PE so that is very exciting.  I have the summer off as a substitute teacher and I am going to treat studying like a full-time job.
Good deal!

At your convenience (after you pass), could you share your experience with School of PE? I've heard mixed stories, but none of them were for Electronics P.E. Just Curious.

Good Luck, Hope you pass!

Good deal!

At your convenience (after you pass), could you share your experience with School of PE? I've heard mixed stories, but none of them were for Electronics P.E. Just Curious.

I will,

Also one more question ( I also asked this of the staff and school of PE) - I have the Camara book ISBN 978-1-59126-437-8 I got this book a few years ago and I have noticed there is a new one (978-1-59126-638-9), how significant of a difference is there between the new one and this one?  It looks like the school of PE makes use of some of the Camara books.

However this is the biggest question I asked them - I also have a EE quick reference manual which I had spiral bound and extra white pages added in (ISBN  978-1591261131), however, these equations are not really distilled down as much as they need to be to just plug numbers in and get to the next problem.  I had multiple blank pages added in to give me space to put in canned equations after each section.  Will the School of PE provide a comprehensive booklet or packet of all required equations to make the exam as painless as possible?  Trying to go from say, maxwells base equations, to something that I can plug numbers into during the exam is a non-starter.

During the ChE PE exam, I made HEAVY use of the Crane manual for the entire AM portion and even parts of the PM.  The canned equations that enabled me to simply plug number and were all set up to use either scfm lb/hr etc with all of the constants built in was invaluable.  I had no such thing on the EE PE exam and thus I was left scrambling to try to derive everything, you can do KVL on every single problem especially not with diodes and transistors, you need to have a laundry list of canned equations so you can knock out like 3/4 of the section and then you can take the remaining 2 hours or so and piddle around with the last 5-7 questions, but if you are having to do tedious calculations for EVERY SINGLE problem you will most likely fail.

I will,

Also one more question ( I also asked this of the staff and school of PE) - I have the Camara book ISBN 978-1-59126-437-8 I got this book a few years ago and I have noticed there is a new one (978-1-59126-638-9), how significant of a difference is there between the new one and this one?  It looks like the school of PE makes use of some of the Camara books.

However this is the biggest question I asked them - I also have a EE quick reference manual which I had spiral bound and extra white pages added in (ISBN  978-1591261131), however, these equations are not really distilled down as much as they need to be to just plug numbers in and get to the next problem.  I had multiple blank pages added in to give me space to put in canned equations after each section.  Will the School of PE provide a comprehensive booklet or packet of all required equations to make the exam as painless as possible?  Trying to go from say, maxwells base equations, to something that I can plug numbers into during the exam is a non-starter.

During the ChE PE exam, I made HEAVY use of the Crane manual for the entire AM portion and even parts of the PM.  The canned equations that enabled me to simply plug number and were all set up to use either scfm lb/hr etc with all of the constants built in was invaluable.  I had no such thing on the EE PE exam and thus I was left scrambling to try to derive everything, you can do KVL on every single problem especially not with diodes and transistors, you need to have a laundry list of canned equations so you can knock out like 3/4 of the section and then you can take the remaining 2 hours or so and piddle around with the last 5-7 questions, but if you are having to do tedious calculations for EVERY SINGLE problem you will most likely fail.
I have the old Camara book as well, so its a mystery to me also. Not sure what they could've changed; hopefully added more Communications info.

Good deal!

I used school of PE for the Electronics.  It was super helpful.  I passed on the first try thanks to that course. 

I passed the electrical and electronics exam.  School of PE helped a lot but what really helped during the exam itself is I built my own quick reference manual with all the key equations and information that I used for all the practice problems during the course and had it professionally bound.

I almost exclusively used my homemade quick reference.  It is only 30 ish pages and I am thinking about marketing hard copies as it was incredibly helpful.

I passed the electrical and electronics exam.  School of PE helped a lot but what really helped during the exam itself is I built my own quick reference manual with all the key equations and information that I used for all the practice problems during the course and had it professionally bound.

I almost exclusively used my homemade quick reference.  It is only 30 ish pages and I am thinking about marketing hard copies as it was incredibly helpful.
Congratulations!

Back