Failed EIT Test Takers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavS

Reaction score
Exam Taken April 2012 (General - Civil) - 1st Time; Just Graduated :-(

Raw Score = 68*1 + 30*2 = 128; I so pissed because I know I was close.

Diagnostic Report is attached below. I guess 6 classes and 2 weeks of prep dont help. Im so mad, I am f*cking ready to rip this test apart in October.

Results.JPG

Hey Everybody,

I am going to start studying soon so I can ensure that I pass the October exam. I was looking at study materials. Is PPI online exam cafe a good source for the afternoon civil section. I have the PPI EIT reference manual and Lindeburg FE review manual and a civil specific manual from PPI. Any recommendations that I can use to study till October.

definitely become familiar with the reference manual. The more familiar you are with it the easier it will be on test day using the provided copy.

also don't overlook the chemistry and math sections...they are a lot of points. I truely believe those two sections are what saved my @ss when I took the FE all those years ago now.

your weak spots needs improvement, im not surprised, this is a typical result of a civil engineering graduate with emphasis on structural engineering, obviously your morning general engineering is weak, in PM work and study more on the hyro, geotech and trans and a bit of struc eng. good luck for fall Oct 2012.

Yes, our program is concentrated mostly in structural but I am mad because I am good in Geo and Transportation. They are both covered pretty well in our school. I feel pretty stupid doing bad in those subjects. I started ( starting with Probability) my studying today and I hope I can be disciplined enough to study an hour or 2 each day till October.

Don't forget Chemistry and Engineering Economics, they have the most problems after Mathematics.

PPI exam cafe is a good training. I thought the problems were tougher than the exam but good preparation. Don't let it get you down. Persistence is key to bring familiarity. I also liked EITexperts.com for their clarity in lecture but exam cafe is good for practice.

Use the reference manual religiously. It should be well worn and weathered by exam day. I remember receiving the fresh manual on exam day. I had to crack and twist it like a deck of cards before I was comfortable using it.

Check the old posts on this forum for more advice. Its worth it. Study once hard and pass so you wont need to go through the exam again.

Diagnostic Report is attached below. I guess 6 classes and 2 weeks of prep dont help. Im so mad, I am f*cking ready to rip this test apart in October.

School of PE worked well for me. See my post--- "In need of inspiration--please read."

Dirtsqueezer, I read your story and it is very inspirational. I will take the PPI exam cafe for 90 days but wait a little bit till I get closer to the exam in October. Until then, I will review with the books I have.

Testmasters is a VERY VERY good tool to pass this exam. I graduated in Mechanical Engineering 10 years ago and just recently was required to take the FE exam. A few of my friends recommended Testmasters so I enrolled in the course. I passed 4/14/2012 exam.

Good Luck!

Any topic below 50% need more attention. You will doing fine next time.

Are there any online courses besides PPI Exam Cafe to prepare? I know there is Kaplan online but their services are very expensive. I am a new graduate without a full-time position. I am giving interviews so hopefully I will get hired soon and will get able to afford it.

I had good luck with Kaplan. I didn't put in the amount of time I thought I should have but still passed. Get the reference handbook and know it front to back and you will do just fine.

"Raw Score = 68*1 + 30*2 = 128"

I'm curious, how are you deriving this information from the diagnostic that you posted?

"Raw Score = 68*1 + 30*2 = 128"

I'm curious, how are you deriving this information from the diagnostic that you posted?
Sure, its 68 questions correct for the morning part which are 1 point each and 30 questions correct for the afternoon part which starts from surveying onwards which are 2 points each. I think thats how it work if I'm not mistaken.

My suggestion aim for 70% at least, around 168 pts total AM and PM if you really wanted to get it behind you.

IMHO and experience, I just studied and practiced all the problems in the FE Rapid Preparation and Mechanical PM Sample Problems, over and over until I developed my confidence on every problem. Exhausting but its worth it, till such time that I will just look on what is asked on the problem and write the formula on my scratch pad before looking for the other available datas. After that, I developed my ability to check all the units as I read the problem and directly calculate it in calculator.

Solve all practice problems in FE Rapid Preparation and encircle the problems that you haven't solve within 2 minutes so you can focus and look back at those problems. Two weeks before exam, try to solve the entire FE Rapid and PM Sample exam atleast 3 times in a row.

Hope this helps.

OP,

Im in the same boat as you. 68 in the am session and 30 right in the pm section (128). This is my third time taking the FE - other disciplines.

Already started on reviewing Chemistry (weakness per my diagnostics). I wish i had tackled this test right out of school and not 10 yrs later and married with children like Al Bundy.

Back