Exam Retake

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seismicohno

Reaction score
Good morning, safe to say I'm not exactly confident I'll be able to pass the seismic exam coming up this Saturday. Knowing results won't be posted until beginning of January, if I have to apply to retake the exam will I not be able to retake it until Q2, or will I be able to take it still in Q1?

I see that I can sign up for Q1 or Q2 at the moment, but does the ability to sign up for Q1 get cut once it's January?

I don't think you're allowed to apply for re-examination until you've received a fail notice. Like you mentioned earlier, you'll likely receive your results in Janaury 2022. It used to be the soonest you can retake the exam would be the next cycle (in your case the 2nd quarter). I'm not sure if the system upgrade allows you to retake the cycle you've applied.

However, you should focus on working out problems right now and not about having to retake the test 🙂 good luck!

You're not allowed to register/pay for an exam before receiving a Fail notice for that same exam. Even if the new Connect system allows you to do that, it will likely be caught through review by the board and you will have to wait a long time for a refund regardless of your eventual exam result.

You're not allowed to register/pay for an exam before receiving a Fail notice for that same exam. Even if the new Connect system allows you to do that, it will likely be caught through review by the board and you will have to wait a long time for a refund regardless of your eventual exam result.
Understood, that was not my original intention with the first message. I saw that registration was open for Q1 and Q2. Being that results for December does not release until Q1, if one finds out they failed say January 10th are they unable to sign up for a reexamination in Q1 following the fail notice?

Original poster is me. Didn't know my password on my work computer.

Understood, that was not my original intention with the first message. I saw that registration was open for Q1 and Q2. Being that results for December does not release until Q1, if one finds out they failed say January 10th are they unable to sign up for a reexamination in Q1 following the fail notice?

Original poster is me. Didn't know my password on my work computer.
Yes, that is accurate. In your example, when you log into your Connect profile, you will be eligible to retake that exam and choose one of the next two administrations, Q2 or Q3.

Yes, that is accurate. In your example, when you log into your Connect profile, you will be eligible to retake that exam and choose one of the next two administrations, Q2 or Q3.
Understood. Thanks for being so responsive on the site. It'd be amazing if other boards were as active as you guys are at CA.

Back