Engagement Form Part B

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a question on section 2 (Part B) of the reference/engagement form. I know that I don't see the references' responses for this section, but I was just curious to see how much them not checking every single box affects your chances of getting your application received and approved by the CA board?

Ex. checking everything but code/regulatory knowledge, etc.

image.png

Thanks! 

In all seriousness -  if you are concerned that a reference may not have adequate knowledge of your experience then I'd recommend you try to find a different reference who is more familiar with your background.

Was thinking more along the lines of.. if the project we worked on together didn't require any code/regulatory knowledge for example, then they would most likely not check that box? even though that reference has adequate knowledge of my experience. 

And by them not checking that one box, would that mean that my application would be questioned or rejected somehow..

Any additional advice would be helpful! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
@bernie  I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

You'll be fine unless the reference is a huge stickler for minutiae like this. If they otherwise think you are qualified to be a PE then they probably won't do anything to actively harm your chances.

You could proactively discuss it with your reference(s). If it's an issue then offer to quickly demonstrate some regulatory knowledge; my guess is that after 30 seconds they'll be satisfied enough to check the box.

Back