EET WRE Oct 20 with Dr. Nazrul Islam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAWROZ AZIZ

Reaction score
I took the EET breadth and depth prep course for the Civil PE - Water Resources and Environmental (WRE) and recently passed the Civil/WRE exam October 2020. I would like to share my review on the EET and Dr. Nazrul’s WRE class,

1.      Dr. Nazrul's class is outstanding from the beginning to the end. You will be pleased with the amount of examples, homework, practice exams, and simulated exams.

2.      His dedication for teaching goes above and beyond - a positive attitude to ensure you completely understand the concept. The way he explains topics is so comprehended.

3.      The course materials are well organized so that you find the relevant concepts and examples during the exam.

4.      Dr. Nazrul makes sure that you understand the concept completely and emphasis on the important concepts.

5. The class is worth every penny. 

[SIZE=12pt]I[/SIZE] used only the binder for my preparation and during the exam. I passed the exam.  I would like to say, " If you need to become a PE, join EET and contact Dr. Nazrul!". Thank you Dr. Nazrul for being a great instructor and mentor!  

Best of luck to all.

I want to second Nawroz's post. I also recently passed the Civil/WRE PE test and I took EET's breadth and WRE depth on-demand course. Dr. Nazrul Islam teaches the WRE depth section for EET.  Dr. Islam's binder is incredibly comprehensive and easy to use during the test.  He is an excellent teacher who has the talent to distill confusing topics in a digestible manner. I cannot recommend his class enough. 

Even with the on-demand course there are multiple ways to get additional help/clarification on the topics which you may be struggling with. There are live office hours each week (I was able to attend even though I did not take the live webinar). In the office hours we went over additional practice problems from the course work earlier in the week and there is also an open Q&A chat to ask additional questions. Dr. Islam is very responsive over email to any questions that may not have been addressed during the office hours.  This course is a lot of work, but if you keep up with the recordings, practice problems, and practice tests you will put yourself in a strong position to pass the WRE test.

I simply cannot give enough praise for how prepared I felt for the WRE depth test thanks to Dr. Islam. 

I want to chime in and echo a third praise for Dr. Nazrul Islam! I strongly recommend the PE review course offered by EET! I did the Breadth review and the Water Resources Depth review. 

First, I have some personal health issues so I knew I needed to start studying 6 months before the exam, not just 3 like many people. Other PE review courses were going to let me start my review early, but were going to make me pay extra to access the study materials until my exam date. I started my studies prior to the October 2019 exam, and EET let me keep my portal access for free until (what was going to be) the April 2020 exam. Obviously, that then changed to October 2020 for all of us, but we had no issues continuing our studies where we left off. 

Second, EET was the best price I could find for the full breadth and depth review courses, and EET didn't require me to pay for practice exams or extra materials. All of the study materials, practice exams, problem solving sessions were provided in binders that were shipped directly to my house! The binders were so valuable to have during the exams, and they are packed full of information! 

Third, EET gives the option to take the course on-demand or as a live webinar. I did the on-demand option since I needed a custom study schedule. Even though I couldn't ask questions live during "class", emailing the instructors was very easy and I often got a response back within 24 hours! 

I had started my early studies without a review course, and very quickly realized that I often couldn't even identify what the question was asking, let alone how to solve it. Dr. Nazrul Islam gave us three WR depth practice exams, plus a full-length morning/afternoon practice exam, and these were very helpful for studying as well. The actual exam was challenging, but manageable, thanks to EET! I passed my PE exam on the first try! 

Did you also use other references material during the exam or only the EET binders? I am deciding to either stick with Transportation exam or switch over to WRE. I took the transportation review course with EET but didn’t do well enough to pass the exam. 

Did you also use other references material during the exam or only the EET binders? I am deciding to either stick with Transportation exam or switch over to WRE. I took the transportation review course with EET but didn’t do well enough to pass the exam.
I did use a few other references during the WRE PE.

AM: A binder with practice problems tabbed in the chronology as the exam specifications, I used the CERM for some structural equations, I had the FE Manual handy for a few Hydraulics things that I knew where they were, I had an Engineer's field book, great equations in the back for the geometrics section. Used the EET binder for about 70% of the AM.

PM: I did reference the CERM and Gupta's Hydrology and Hydraulics Systems for some 'curve ball' questions, I had a binder with 5/6 practice exams that I went to a few times. I used the EET binder and problem sessions about 80/85% of the PM.

I also had 3-hole folders with indexes to the EET binders, the CERM (and some formula sheets I never looked at). I also never used Metcalf and Eddy's book.

It is important for me mentally and for my confidence to feel like I have a lot of resources, even if I do not use them. And I was 16 years removed from taking the FE and venturing as a math teacher for a while...rusty comes to mind.

Good luck!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I'd like to add my support for Dr. Nazrul's class. I took his course for my third enviro PE attempt and passed. Excellent instruction, excellent course materials - couldn't recommend it more.

I agree with you all!! Great course, great instructor, great person.

Back