EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Game Summary:

@NikR_PE was lynched by the mafia. He was the mafia boss. The mafia were therefore granted 2 night kills.
@txjennah PE was night killed. She was the town cop.
@chart94 was night killed. He was the town mayor.

Remaining players are: @BlueBlueprint_PE , @SaltySteve PE , @RBHeadge PE , @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @beccabun PE , @djl PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @FlangeheadPEAZ , @JayKay PE
Well this is upsetting. Not sure why the town doctor didn't save Chart since they were confirmed to be the town mayor.

• Terran Siege Tank Commander (Town Mayor) – Chosen by randomizer, the town mayor’s vote counts as two votes each day. Only the town mayor knows they are the mayor, and their vote is secretly counted twice by the mod. The mayor may choose their successor via PM to the mod if they are killed.
So can @chart94 pick someone to be the new Mayor?

If they chose a mafia member as the new mayor then we're screwed...
Crap, I never thought about that. I think the "mayor" role was an interesting but bad idea. I don't know. What I'm learning is that you can't apply the same game-balance rules from Ultimate Werewolf to an online Mafia game with PMs on both sides. Special roles make the game interesting, but the round can swing so far from one moment to the next. This is definitely one of the most interesting opening day/nights we've had in a while!

@DuranDuran PE maybe make the mayor non transferable or at least transfers to a random townie?
The problem is the rules aren't exactly clear as to when the mayor can choose their successor (my bad!) The last sentence of the role description (re-posted by @beccabun PE above) implies they can choose IF they are killed, but no time limit is set. I made the mistake of being vague in my description of the role to @chart94 in my PM. I told him he may name his successor "in the event" of his death, implying he had to name the next mayor before he died. @chart94 never named a successor, so I'm tempted to remove the role for the rest of this round. Thoughts?

LOL WELP. Peace everyone. It was fun playing for a day :ROFLMAO:

Actually I'm not mad about being killed off because I just moved into my house and I have a deadline tomorrow, so ****'s crazy, fam!!!

Hope you all have fun; thanks for modding, @DuranDuran PE !
Congrats on the new house! Enjoy the move-in! Thanks for playing and hope you keep playing future rounds.

The problem is the rules aren't exactly clear as to when the mayor can choose their successor (my bad!) The last sentence of the role description (re-posted by @beccabun PE above) implies they can choose IF they are killed, but no time limit is set. I made the mistake of being vague in my description of the role to @chart94 in my PM. I told him he may name his successor "in the event" of his death, implying he had to name the next mayor before he died. @chart94 never named a successor, so I'm tempted to remove the role for the rest of this round. Thoughts
Maybe the mayor can be elected? Dunno if that would be too crazy to have a side vote on top of the lynching vote?

Lol, we're doing great! Good job townies!

(and thank you @DuranDuran PE for actually explaining the storytelling post in a post underneath, I was like 'what do these factions meeeeeean? Are they evil???' and then I saw the clarification post).
YOU'RE ALL EVIL!! :ROFLMAO: lol j/k

According to the Starcraft storyline, the Terran factions are basically made up of political and military "criminals" exiled from Earth and trying to form their own colonies and way of life. The different factions fight over control and dominance when they encounter each other. That is, until they face the Zerg or Protoss, then they work together to fight for survival. Depending on the era, Zerg and Protoss do the same thing. All three fight alongside each other or against each other depending on the situation. A popular Starcaft motto is, "The only allies are enemies." For this round, the Zerg have invaded a Terran planet and the Terran are fighting to keep it.

Maybe the mayor can be elected? Dunno if that would be too crazy to have a side vote on top of the lynching vote?
Since this round has already gone crazy, how about we do this? I'll put it to vote.

Mafia members, PM me and let me know if you're ok allowing a new mayor. The mayor will remain known only to the mayor.

Townies, privately let me know if you're ok with allowing a new mayor. If so, name a successor. I'll count the votes and PM the next mayor and randomize any ties.

Let's decide one way or other by 3pm today. Thanks.

The problem is the rules aren't exactly clear as to when the mayor can choose their successor (my bad!) The last sentence of the role description (re-posted by @beccabun PE above) implies they can choose IF they are killed, but no time limit is set. I made the mistake of being vague in my description of the role to @chart94 in my PM. I told him he may name his successor "in the event" of his death, implying he had to name the next mayor before he died. @chart94 never named a successor, so I'm tempted to remove the role for the rest of this round. Thoughts?
I'm okay either way on this. It is kind of a neat role. Though it could have some pretty dire consequences if the selected successor is MAF. Perhaps during the successor selection (via PM), if a MAF is selected, the moderator could reveal that in the PM and allow a new selection? The Mayor would then be required to not reveal information they learn after their death.

For future rounds, perhaps the mayor will need to choose a successor each night in the event of their death? If they fail to choose and they are killed, then no successor is appointed?

Back