EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning of Day 1, September 13, some distant year (because only nerds use star dates):

The Terrans had been working around the clock to set up base. They were on the edge of civilization. 100 miles to West lay the capital city, New Gettysburg. Wolfrec province was to the North, local aliens who might possibly trade minerals for building materials. Not much was to the South or Southwest, except maybe a zoo and munitions factory, but it would take a while to establish a supply line. To the East east was nothing but sand dunes and wastelands. Fortunately, Outpost 5 was built on top of a mesa, so a few of well-placed bunkers could offer some protection. @txjennah PE , @SaltySteve PE and @BlueBlueprint_PE had the choke point protected within a few hours. @FlangeheadPEAZ scouted a few miles ahead, looking for any signs of Zerg patrol. @blybrook PE went with her, and came in handy, since he was a prized Ursadon donated to the zoo by a local faction. Ursadons had the ability to sniff out burrowed creatures such as small Zerglings and could help prevent an ambush. The rest of the crew were busy building the command center and repairing the supply depots. There weren't enough resources for a satellite dish or factory, so they had to make do with what they had until reinforcements arrived.

ursadon.png

Meanwhile, at the hatchery:

"erewrhhgeihg", "EITEHIJFLSKJhhfksdlhjfls....." and "rejwkelreiwhgiehg!"

Translation:

"This planet is rich in resources, but the only civilized species here is a primitive set of beings called humans. There are not worth anything to us, except the Xel'Naga swarm from the old colony says they make good coffee and cigars."

"What are your orders, my Lord Daggoth?", spoke one of the Zerg.

"Send an attack wave of Zerglings, but not too many. We just want to say 'hello'. Maybe kill one or two of them to send a message. We are only a hatchery here, and we are too weak to take the entire planet just yet. You did well to send the lurker scout. We'll see what it has learned when it returns."

"As you wish, my lord. LIVE FOR THE SWARM!"

overmind-starcraft.gif

Zurgggggg.....?

6101047623484-3

Afternoon, Day1, September 13:

@RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE and @Dothracki PE finished the installation of the reactor core of the command center. @beccabun PE was helping @squaretaper LIT AF PE with the observations room and operation deck. @chart94 completed the com-link connection while @jean15paul_PE went back to the supply depots to see if he could salvage some monitors for the operation deck. Everyone was called to the operation deck.

"Good afternoon", a voice began when the speaker came on. "This is General Edmund Duke. Congratulations for getting so much work done so quickly. Outpost 5 has now been re-named Command Center 5. In case any of you were wondering, we decided to form a coalition form various factions to tackle the Zerg threat. We believe if we can show the UED (United Earth Directorate) we can work together to defend Korhal, we'll get more funding from the UED. We are poised to receive 3.5 trillion credits in defense aid, but we need to demonstrate our worthiness and show our planet is worth saving. Good luck everyone. Re-enforcements are on the way, but you may have to survive a few waves of attacks on your own before you get them." The room grew quiet.

command center.png

"Nothing to do now but man the bunkers and wait", said @txjennah PE "By the way, where's @JayKay PE ?" "I'M HERE!!!" yelled @JayKay PE hysterically. "I'M FINISHED WITH THE MINERAL EXTRACTOR, VESPENE GAS REFINERY AND LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, AND I'M ALMOST FINISHED WITH...." "****, calm down, overachiever!" warned @chart94 . "You're gonna pass out and we haven't started fighting yet!" "Something's wrong, it's impossible for anyone to get that much work done, especially by herself", said another marine. "WE'RE GONNA DIE! EVERYBODY RUN! WHERE'S MY HORSE? I'M ONLY 816 YEARS OLD! I'M NOT READY TO DIE!!!" wailed @JayKay PE . "What the hell is a horse? Something's happened to JayKay", said @FlangeheadPEAZ . "Put her in the infirmary until we can figure out what's going on with her." "Agreed", said @chart94 . "Square, you built the operations center, but with JayKay in sick bay and the people attending to her, we need everyone we've got in the bunkers, so you need to build us an adjutant (droid) to help us coordinate operations."

Square went to work while everyone else took their positions in the bunkers.

Back