EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we have 12 players at the moment.

In: @SaltySteve PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE, @txjennah PE , @RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE , @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @beccabun PE , @djl PE , @chart94 , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @FlangeheadPEAZ

I'll try to come up with a theme/rules and accept any more players through tomorrow. Game will start and roles will be sent out Monday. It's not too late to sign up!

Last Call: @jean15paul_PE , @MadamPirate PE ,@EyehatethePEexam PE , @JayKay PE , @vhab49_PE ,@Roarbark , @tj_PE , @tj_PE , @tj_PE , @tj_PE

Looks like we're getting a few players involved...

I got a message that I'm mafia again.....

once-an-engineer-always-an-engineer-shirt-2.jpg

Oh wait, that message isn't from @DuranDuran PE

Introduction:

Welcome to yet another DLD modded round. This round's theme will be based on the popular PC RTS game "Starcraft".

For those not familiar, Starcraft is a real-time-strategy PC-based game released in 1998. Considered by many as the standard by which all other RTS games are compared, it is still widely popular among enthusiasts and the most popular computer game competition during the annual World Cyber Games in terms of prize money, global coverage and participants. You can read more about it here if you wish: StarCraft - Wikipedia

Back Story:

A long long time from now, in a NOT far away galaxy (actually the Kropulu Sector of the Milky Way, but I digress), Starcraft revolves around three species: The Protoss (an advanced race of humanoid religious warriors), the Terrans (descendants of human prisoners from Earth) and the Zerg; biologically advanced insect-like aliens who are controlled by a single Overmind who's goal is to assimilate and/or destroy any civilization they come into contact with (think the "Borg" of Star Trek fame).

For the purposes of this round, only the Terrans and Zerg will be in play. Rival Terran factions have fought for control over the planet Korhal for decades. However, a recently discovered Zerg colony threatens all life on the planet, and the rival factions have agreed to put their differences aside and fight together to drive out the Zerg.

The Zerg Queen has infested one of the Terran command centers, which have allowed the Zerg to assimilate Terran DNA into their own, allowing any Zerg creature to morph into Terran appearance at will. It is up to the Terrans to identify the Zerg and eliminate the swarm before becoming completely assimilated.

Rules:

I will post the rules and description of roles later today. They will be almost identical to the previous round, with perhaps one additional role added to help game balance. Currently we have 13 players, so I will lock the list this afternoon (to give a final chance for anyone else is interested and wants to play) and announce roles when we start Monday morning.

The game will start Monday, September 13th. Lynching will be allowed on the first day. Mafia can nightkill the first night..

The Mafia members are going to privately tell me who they would like to eliminate during the night. I will reveal to everyone what happened the next morning with some delightful storytelling.

ONCE in this round, the troublemaker will privately tell me if they want to stir up trouble. If so, there will be two lynchings the following day.

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was. Tie-breakers will be decided by rock/paper/scissors (best of 3 rounds and repeat in case of ties). In the case of two-lynchings, players with the most votes will be lynched. If there is only one vote and there must be two lynchings, the mod/randomizer will choose the second lynching.

The following roles will be in play (same roles/abilities as previous round, except this time we're adding the Town Mayor):
  • Terran Marine (Regular Townie) – May vote once each day to choose someone to lynch.
  • Terran Science Vessel Pilot (Town Cop) – May investigate one player each night with no limit to number of investigations. The cop is only told whether their target is townie or mafia (no special role indicated; only alignment). If the Mafia Spy is targeted, the investigation will show up as “Townie.”
  • Terran Medic (Town Doctor) – May choose to save one person each night (no limit). May not choose the same person two nights in a row.
  • Terran Firebat (Town Troublemaker) – Only ONCE during the game, the troublemaker tells the mod during the night there will be two lynchings the following day. This will be announced in the morning.
  • Terran Siege Tank Commander (Town Mayor) – Chosen by randomizer, the town mayor’s vote counts as two votes each day. Only the town mayor knows they are the mayor, and their vote is secretly counted twice by the mod. The mayor may choose their successor via PM to the mod if they are killed.
  • Zerg Hydralisk (Regular Mafia) – May vote on one person to nightkill each night.
  • Zerg Queen (Mafia Boss) – If the mafia boss is lynched, the mafia are granted two kills that night. The mafia (the boss must agree) may also choose to sacrifice their boss in order to gain two kills that night (in addition to the boss).
  • Zerg Lurker (Mafia Spy) – Tries to find the cop each night. The spy does not know who the mafia are, and the mafia do not know who their spy is. If the spy is investigated by the cop, the spy shows up as a “Townie.” The spy may investigate one player each day, with the investigation showing up as “Cop” or “Not the cop.”
The Mafia members know who each other are, but no one knows anyone else’s role except me. Each player has received a PM from me with their District assignment and any special instructions.

Standard EB-mafia game rules apply which means PMing is allowed!

Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @DuranDuran PE and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Please submit your votes by 9:00 PM EST/8:00 PM Central/7:00 PM Mountain/6:00 PM Pacific Time/Whatever Roar and Bly-time ; I will count votes after that time as being for the next day.

Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated. If there is a tie for most votes, I will pick one of the voted users at random and/or require the tied players to send me 10 rounds of 'rock, paper, scissors'. If there are no votes, I will pick a person at random (i.e. role will not matter) to eliminate; suffice it to say it’s in both groups’ best interest to vote for at least one person.

Finally, you are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.

For reference, the 13 players in this round are: @txjennah PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE , @SaltySteve PE , @RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE , @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @beccabun PE , @djl PE , @chart94 , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @FlangeheadPEAZ , @JayKay PE

Terran Siege Tank Commander (Town Mayor) – Chosen by randomizer, the town mayor’s vote counts as two votes each day. Only the town mayor knows they are the mayor, and their vote is secretly counted twice by the mod. The mayor may choose their successor via PM to the mod if they are killed.
I don't know about passing it on after death. That means if there is two mafia left and they get it down to 1 townie remaining then its still going to paper rock scissors for a tie breaker.

I don't know about passing it on after death. That means if there is two mafia left and they get it down to 1 townie remaining then its still going to paper rock scissors for a tie breaker.
I didn't think about that. However, if it gets that close, by that time the mafia would more than likely have figured out who the mayor was.

Introduction:

Welcome to yet another DLD modded round. This round's theme will be based on the popular PC RTS game "Starcraft".

For those not familiar, Starcraft is a real-time-strategy PC-based game released in 1998. Considered by many as the standard by which all other RTS games are compared, it is still widely popular among enthusiasts and the most popular computer game competition during the annual World Cyber Games in terms of prize money, global coverage and participants. You can read more about it here if you wish: StarCraft - Wikipedia

Back Story:

A long long time from now, in a NOT far away galaxy (actually the Kropulu Sector of the Milky Way, but I digress), Starcraft revolves around three species: The Protoss (an advanced race of humanoid religious warriors), the Terrans (descendants of human prisoners from Earth) and the Zerg; biologically advanced insect-like aliens who are controlled by a single Overmind who's goal is to assimilate and/or destroy any civilization they come into contact with (think the "Borg" of Star Trek fame).

For the purposes of this round, only the Terrans and Zerg will be in play. Rival Terran factions have fought for control over the planet Korhal for decades. However, a recently discovered Zerg colony threatens all life on the planet, and the rival factions have agreed to put their differences aside and fight together to drive out the Zerg.

The Zerg Queen has infested one of the Terran command centers, which have allowed the Zerg to assimilate Terran DNA into their own, allowing any Zerg creature to morph into Terran appearance at will. It is up to the Terrans to identify the Zerg and eliminate the swarm before becoming completely assimilated.

Rules:

I will post the rules and description of roles later today. They will be almost identical to the previous round, with perhaps one additional role added to help game balance. Currently we have 13 players, so I will lock the list this afternoon (to give a final chance for anyone else is interested and wants to play) and announce roles when we start Monday morning.
OKAY FINE I'LL JOIN

EDit: Apparently not lol - forgot to send

Prologue:

Commander Jim Raynor checked his watch as he brought up his walkie-talkie. "Boro Airbase come in, this is Firebase Zulu" "Xander here, at your command." "Xander, we have reports of a Zerg hatchery and spore sighting, 20 miles due East of Outpost 5. Request dropship at 0800 hours." "Roger that. Get over here as soon as you can and destroy that scum colony before that hatchery grows into a lair! I just hope to God none of you have been infested yet. Get over here quick dammit!"

Troops from various Terran factions huddled into the drop ship: @txjennah PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE , @SaltySteve PE , @RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE , @blybrook PE , @Dothracki PE , @beccabun PE , @djl PE , @chart94 , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @FlangeheadPEAZ , @JayKay PE. "Ok everyone, we're closing the hatch. Remember to work together. Planet Korhal's survival depends on it!" "WAIT!" Hurrying toward the loading ramp was @MadamPirate PE . "Sorry, I was feeding my pet hawk and got held up." "Sheesh, muttered @JayKay PE . Ok everyone , let's go!" The drop ship launched and jetted toward Outpost 5.

The player list is now locked. Game will start and roles revealed Monday. Good luck townies!

Back