EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can start a new round beginning or middle of next week depending on number of players. I know these are crazy times for all of us (Covid, hurricane/flood damage, cold/flu season starting, projects ramping up, school starting back, life in general), but once in a while EB Mafia can be a nice distraction. I get that some of us can go from having a "relaxed" week to completely swamped in a matter of days, so please re-confirm whether you're interested in playing or not.

In: @SaltySteve PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE

Possibles: @txjennah PE , @RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE , @ChebyshevII PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @djl PE , @beccabun PE , @Dothracki PE , @chart94 , @FlangeheadPEAZ , @djl PE , @jean15paul_PE , @MadamPirate PE ,@EyehatethePEexam PE , @JayKay PE , , @blybrook PE , @vhab49_PE ,@Roarbark , @tj_PE , @tj_PE , @tj_PE , @tj_PE

Other possibilities/anyone else? @LyceeFruit PE , @leggo PE , @Sparky Bill PE , @CUniverse , @snickerd3 , @Supe, @Unintended Max P.E.

Let me know if I've forgotten anyone.

Last edited:
We can start a new round beginning or middle of next week depending on number of players. I know these are crazy times for all of us (Covid, hurricane/flood damage, cold/flu season starting, projects ramping up, school starting back, life in general), but once in a while EB Mafia can be a nice distraction. I get that some of us can go from having a "relaxed" week to completely swamped in a matter of days, so please re-confirm whether you're interested in playing or not.

Possibles: @txjennah PE , @RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE , @ChebyshevII PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @djl PE , @beccabun PE , @Dothracki PE , @chart94 , @FlangeheadPEAZ , @djl PE , @jean15paul_PE , @MadamPirate PE ,@EyehatethePEexam PE , @JayKay PE , , @blybrook PE , @vhab49_PE ,@Roarbark , @tj_PE , @tj_PE , @tj_PE , @tj_PE

Other possibilities/anyone else? @LyceeFruit PE , @leggo PE , @Sparky Bill PE , @CUniverse , @snickerd3 , @Supe, @Unintended Max P.E.

I'm in.

I've never had a kidney stone but I have nightmares about them. It's bizarre. Hope yours passed/passes easily.
Thanks! I think it's already passed. Cranberry pills seem to work great for me and my family.

They tend to be pretty tiny for me, so expulsion is painless. Trouble is that they happen every 9-18 months and the residual effects linger for about a week.

Thanks! I think it's already passed. Cranberry pills seem to work great for me and my family.

They tend to be pretty tiny for me, so expulsion is painless. Trouble is that they happen every 9-18 months and the residual effects linger for about a week.
Glad it was painless! A co-worker's wife years ago said she got kidney stones when she was younger, and her doctor told her to drink (one beer per day). She said she never had them since. I don't know if she was pulling my leg, or this is how southern physicians roll.

Glad it was painless! A co-worker's wife years ago said she got kidney stones when she was younger, and her doctor told her to drink (one beer per day). She said she never had them since. I don't know if she was pulling my leg, or this is how southern physicians roll.
This probably explains why I've never had them lol

Edit - After some research there may be some truth to beer reducing the risk of developing kidney stones.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3731916/
41% lower risk for beer (P for trend<0.001)

Last edited:
A co-worker's wife years ago said she got kidney stones when she was younger, and her doctor told her to drink (one beer per day).

This probably explains why I've never had them lol

Edit - After some research there may be some truth to beer reducing the risk of developing kidney stones.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3731916/
41% lower risk for beer (P for trend<0.001)
I've heard that beer helps, but never heard a doctor recommend it. I have a friend who had a brutal one and the doctor told her to drink lemonade once a day to help prevent formation. She still doing it over a decade later.

So far we have 8 players. Not bad, but hopefully we'll get a few more. We had 14 last time, which was quite a bit. I'll be happy with 12. I'm thinking of keeping rules and roles the same as last round. The town lost their troublemaker, cop and doctor all within the first 3 days, and still had an outside chance (ok maybe 10% or less?) of winning, so I'm thinking if I did anything different, it would be to beef up the mafia a bit. We'll see how many players we end up with. As always, I'm open to suggestions or comments.

i think i can play!

Back