EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super quick write-up since I got wailed at work

---

With their numbers dwindling, as well as their wallet contents, it was time for the convention goers to begin packing up after they finally left the convention hall. Some people were catching flights, so they were a bit more hurried in cleaning out their rooms. Others, who had opted to stay an additional day, looked on in bemusement and began planning on where they were going to dinner that evening. With less than a handful of what they started with, dinner would be much easier to reserve than earlier in the convention.

When @EyehatethePEexam PE didn't show up to lunch, nobody expressed outright alarm. I mean, it was highly probable that they had grabbed one of the earlier flights around 2PM and were actually going to attempt to go to work the following day, and thus were most likely cleaning their room of all personal affects like a whirlwind. Later in the afternoon, when a call went directly to voicemail, they shrugged: they were most likely on their flight and in airplane mode. So when dinner came around, and @EyehatethePEexam PE wasn't present, nobody thought anything of it.

They laughed, they drank, they discussed the various nut-items that had been purchased that would be sure to impress the people back home. Some had learned of upcoming industry patterns that would help their business. Others were just happy to experience all the nutting that happened throughout the weekend. A small percentage wondered where some of their party went, having not checked the news articles the whole weekend, but were easily pulled back into conversation when it turned into non-GMO nuts vs. organic.

The person who had previously roomed with @EyehatethePEexam PE trudged back to their room. They were one of the people who decided to actually stay for an additional week and explore the city and surrounding area that hosted the convention. As such, they hadn't packed any of their side of the room. So full of peanut butter martinis, they didn't notice the stuffed lugged that was placed neatly next to the door or the pair of sneakers that definitely weren't theirs (@EyehatethePEexam PE's footwear trended towards Crocs and their's...did not).

They stumbled into the bathroom, removed their contacts, and slumped onto the toilet for their nightly 25-minute 'I'm totally not on the toilet while on my phone, but this reddit article is super interesting' session. Closing a thread about turtle physiology, who knew shell growth was so detailed, they reached back to grab toilet paper only to find the roll missing. Grunting, because it was definitely there this morning and a new roll had been replaced by housekeeping, they twisted only to find the roll placed precariously on the edge of the tub.

Pulling back the shower curtain with an angry grunt, how dare it move the roll, they felt their bottom fall out (literally) at the bloated body of @EyehatethePEexam PE in the half-full bathtub. Their mouth gaped outrageously around the oversized peanut candy log (one of the special buys on the last day of the convention), with toilet paper shoved in any gaps to keep the candy wedged into place. Their eyes stared vacantly up at the basic tile design.

Their roommate had never wiped and flushed as quick as they had then. They did not wash their hands in their haste. Gross.

In another room in the hotel, @DuranDuran hummed idly to themselves as the re-packed their bag for the 14th time. They wanted to make sure everything fit, but was easily accessible, during their early morning flight. They had discovered some corporate espionage and were ready to report to their boss, obviously in person, which required them to be super subtle about things. They were so focused on their peanut butter squeeze jar (was this a gel? Would TSA confiscate this? They were able to get a PB&J through security last time, so could they call this a deconstructed sandwich?), that they didn't notice the shady figure coming from behind, only to garrot them with a nylon rope studded with beech nut husks!

Final vote:

x2 @beccabun PE (duran, eyeh8)
x1 @vhab49_PE (JP)
x2 @EyehatethePEexam PE (becca, vhab)

Due to tie between @beccabun PE and @EyehatethePEexam PE, and it being a long weekend between play, decision was finalized via randomizer circle. @EyehatethePEexam PE lost, 6 to 4 in a 10 round match.

@EyehatethePEexam PE was lynched by the peanut gallery. @EyehatethePEexam PE was a normal townie.

@DuranDuran was killed by the mafia.

Remaining players: @vhab49_PE, @beccabun PE, @squaretaper LIT AF PE, and @jean15paul_PE

Super quick write-up since I got wailed at work

---

With their numbers dwindling, as well as their wallet contents, it was time for the convention goers to begin packing up after they finally left the convention hall. Some people were catching flights, so they were a bit more hurried in cleaning out their rooms. Others, who had opted to stay an additional day, looked on in bemusement and began planning on where they were going to dinner that evening. With less than a handful of what they started with, dinner would be much easier to reserve than earlier in the convention.

When @EyehatethePEexam PE didn't show up to lunch, nobody expressed outright alarm. I mean, it was highly probable that they had grabbed one of the earlier flights around 2PM and were actually going to attempt to go to work the following day, and thus were most likely cleaning their room of all personal affects like a whirlwind. Later in the afternoon, when a call went directly to voicemail, they shrugged: they were most likely on their flight and in airplane mode. So when dinner came around, and @EyehatethePEexam PE wasn't present, nobody thought anything of it.

They laughed, they drank, they discussed the various nut-items that had been purchased that would be sure to impress the people back home. Some had learned of upcoming industry patterns that would help their business. Others were just happy to experience all the nutting that happened throughout the weekend. A small percentage wondered where some of their party went, having not checked the news articles the whole weekend, but were easily pulled back into conversation when it turned into non-GMO nuts vs. organic.

The person who had previously roomed with @EyehatethePEexam PE trudged back to their room. They were one of the people who decided to actually stay for an additional week and explore the city and surrounding area that hosted the convention. As such, they hadn't packed any of their side of the room. So full of peanut butter martinis, they didn't notice the stuffed lugged that was placed neatly next to the door or the pair of sneakers that definitely weren't theirs (@EyehatethePEexam PE's footwear trended towards Crocs and their's...did not).

They stumbled into the bathroom, removed their contacts, and slumped onto the toilet for their nightly 25-minute 'I'm totally not on the toilet while on my phone, but this reddit article is super interesting' session. Closing a thread about turtle physiology, who knew shell growth was so detailed, they reached back to grab toilet paper only to find the roll missing. Grunting, because it was definitely there this morning and a new roll had been replaced by housekeeping, they twisted only to find the roll placed precariously on the edge of the tub.

Pulling back the shower curtain with an angry grunt, how dare it move the roll, they felt their bottom fall out (literally) at the bloated body of @EyehatethePEexam PE in the half-full bathtub. Their mouth gaped outrageously around the oversized peanut candy log (one of the special buys on the last day of the convention), with toilet paper shoved in any gaps to keep the candy wedged into place. Their eyes stared vacantly up at the basic tile design.

Their roommate had never wiped and flushed as quick as they had then. They did not wash their hands in their haste. Gross.

In another room in the hotel, @DuranDuran hummed idly to themselves as the re-packed their bag for the 14th time. They wanted to make sure everything fit, but was easily accessible, during their early morning flight. They had discovered some corporate espionage and were ready to report to their boss, obviously in person, which required them to be super subtle about things. They were so focused on their peanut butter squeeze jar (was this a gel? Would TSA confiscate this? They were able to get a PB&J through security last time, so could they call this a deconstructed sandwich?), that they didn't notice the shady figure coming from behind, only to garrot them with a nylon rope studded with beech nut husks!

Final vote:

x2 @beccabun PE (duran, eyeh8)
x1 @vhab49_PE (JP)
x2 @EyehatethePEexam PE (becca, vhab)

Due to tie between @beccabun PE and @EyehatethePEexam PE, and it being a long weekend between play, decision was finalized via randomizer circle. @EyehatethePEexam PE lost, 6 to 4 in a 10 round match.

@EyehatethePEexam PE was lynched by the peanut gallery. @EyehatethePEexam PE was a normal townie.

@DuranDuran was killed by the mafia.

Remaining players: @vhab49_PE, @beccabun PE, @squaretaper LIT AF PE, and @jean15paul_PE
In this whole write up the only thing I'm upset about is my shoe style being referred to as croc friendly. In my household I am the ONLY person who doesn't have crocs and I complain about everyone else wearing them all the time.

Hey there!!! Not related to the ongoing game (sorry for interrupting, hope it's okay to post this):

Regarding the mafia championship, as we've passed the deadline for sending in a rep and are trying to schedule qualifiers in the next couple days, I was wondering if there was anyone interested in participating for season 8 this year?

You have a slot if you're down, and it would be great to see this community back this year!!!

Back