EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EB picked up with plenty of fur flying (literally) as doggo pictures went around and votes for most of the remaining players. @beccabun PE was banned from the channel as the EB thought her pics were the most suspicious. And as they were banned, EB staff breathed a sigh of relief as the last server came back online. @beccabun PE was a hacker. There are no more hackers remaining, townies win!

Mafia: @beccabun PE, @vhab49_PE, @MadamPirate PE
Cop: @BlueBlueprint_PE
Doctor: @harshaPEAZ
Townies: Everyone else

I'll be better prepared with the narrative next round I mod. I kept with the no frills narrative theme started by Steve. But to that point, special thanks to @SaltySteve PE for organizing and starting the round.
Thank you for modding @Dothracki PE and @SaltySteve PE

Orrrrrr may be the mafia just need better training and should require to get PDH every year.
So you're saying the mafia is from California? :LOL:
(I know there are others, but that's the only state I can name that doesn't require PDHs)

So. I want to mod next game, but only if I'm allowed to implement "JK rules":
  • No townie PM. I feel like that always gives them an unfair advantage. I want more close mafia maybe winning games (when was the last time the mafia won?) and this will make the thread more active;
  • No required posting. I hate keeping track and I feel like without the townie PM, people would post naturally if they're trying to play; and
  • "Sleeper Mafia". I don't know if this is actually a role in mafia games or not, but I want something to 'trigger' a townie into becoming mafia player during the game (which may or may happen). Like, I pick something ahead of time as the trigger, such as 'square says sus' or 'two people triple post on one page', and a random townie then turns into a mafia if that happens at anytime during gameplay and is pulled into the mafia PMs. Since the mafia sleeper agent is randomizer, there is a potential that the doctor or cop might be 'turned'.
  • I'm also toying with the idea of a deputy and/or nurse role in case the doctor/cop are the mafia sleeper agent. Nurse might not have a guaranteed save each night, even if they choose correctly, since they're more unskilled. Deputy is unexperienced in investigations, so they have half of what the cop had (and don't get the cops knowledge, because the cop writes in a weird code that they have no idea how to solve). These are a little more complex and idk if I want to really try this.
Anyone up for experimenting with a mod game starting either later this week or on Monday? I want to make mafia a little more crazy again and bring in the crazy roles.
I am a fan of variety, so I'm down for trying this.

I enjoyed when we played with no PMs. It was definitely a twist.

I also thought last year's (or was it 2019?) tournament rules were interesting. No PMs and we had a Jack-of-all-Trades role. So even though the doc and cop couldn't PM each other. One person could fill both roles.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

I like your ideas @JayKay PE

I am a fan of variety, so I'm down for trying this.

I enjoyed when we played with no PMs. It was definitely a twist.

I also thought last year's (or was it 2019?) tournament rules were interesting. No PMs and we had a Jack-of-all-Trades role. So even though the doc and cop couldn't PM each other. One person could fill both roles.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

I like your ideas @JayKay PE
I guess my ideal setup would be each mod chooses different rules every time. Maybe from a set of games that we rotate through because most people won't want to make something up.

So you're saying the mafia is from California? :LOL:
(I know there are others, but that's the only state I can name that doesn't require PDHs)
That is assuming that the pdh requirement for professional engineers anf professional mafia is the same for each state.

• No townie PM. I feel like that always gives them an unfair advantage. I want more close mafia maybe winning games (when was the last time the mafia won?) and this will make the thread more active;
  • No required posting. I hate keeping track and I feel like without the townie PM, people would post naturally if they're trying to play; and
  • "Sleeper Mafia". I don't know if this is actually a role in mafia games or not, but I want something to 'trigger' a townie into becoming mafia player during the game (which may or may happen). Like, I pick something ahead of time as the trigger, such as 'square says sus' or 'two people triple post on one page', and a random townie then turns into a mafia if that happens at anytime during gameplay and is pulled into the mafia PMs. Since the mafia sleeper agent is randomizer, there is a potential that the doctor or cop might be 'turned'.
  • I'm also toying with the idea of a deputy and/or nurse role in case the doctor/cop are the mafia sleeper agent. Nurse might not have a guaranteed save each night, even if they choose correctly, since they're more unskilled. Deputy is unexperienced in investigations, so they have half of what the cop had (and don't get the cops knowledge, because the cop writes in a weird code that they have no idea how to solve). These are a little more complex and idk if I want to really try this.
Anyone up for experimenting with a mod game starting either later this week or on Monday? I want to make mafia a little more crazy again and bring in the crazy roles.
You can pencil me in. I'm pretty busy with work stuff right now. But I can probably make it work if we start early next week.

I'm not opposed to the no-PM rule. It would certainly even the odds a bit given our mix of players. However there needs to be some mechanism to keep players involved in the game. If few post relevant things and almost no-one votes then there won't be much for the town to work with to figure things out.

I've heard of sleeper rules before, but I don't know how it works in game mechanics or balance.

Not sure about the nurse idea. Doc saves are so rare that if they're weakened anymore then they might as well not exist.

Deputy, or second cop, or tracker might be better for game mechanics.

I am in... I like and understand everything except how would the nurse role pan out if she tries to save ... I mean if she chooses correctly still no save then what is their role.....

I w
I'm in! Sounds like fun. I like the idea of a sleeper maf!

Those are some cute and well trained dogs.

How'd you get them to be okay with wearing googles?

they're still puppies ... they are well trained when they want to be... treats help!

and .... treats.... lots of treats... 😋 🐾 ... seriously we just start slow - let them sniff them, lick them, touch them. eat treats out of them. then slowly graduate to placing them on their faces. even then, not snapping them on right away and taking the lenses out, just getting them used to the feeling. then move on to snapping them, then finally (in short durations) putting them on with the lenses in.

patience and treats - that's really what most dog training boils down to.... :cool:

they're still puppies ... they are well trained when they want to be... treats help!

and .... treats.... lots of treats... 😋 🐾 ... seriously we just start slow - let them sniff them, lick them, touch them. eat treats out of them. then slowly graduate to placing them on their faces. even then, not snapping them on right away and taking the lenses out, just getting them used to the feeling. then move on to snapping them, then finally (in short durations) putting them on with the lenses in.

patience and treats - that's really what most dog training boils down to.... :cool:
This sounds like a lot of work for a super cute picture

Back