EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^emphasis added

The more I lean about @RBHeadge PE the more scared of him I become. I'm glad he's one of the good guys. :)
Thanks! I think.

Yeah I do a very different kind of engineering. Some days it feels like I'm not even doing engineering at all. Although in fairness, my current job is officially mostly policy making rather than engineering.

Many of you all here get to actually design and build things. You get to see and touch what you do. You can show your family your work. I don't have that benefit and I'm occasionally envious. Many of you stamp things everyday. I doubt I'll ever stamp anything but a PE applicant reference. And of course you all have professional knowledge that has practical everyday value. ...if I ever use my professional knowledge and experience for everyday use then something has gone very very wrong.

OTOH, back when I was doing real engineering (or rather engineering management) I've was lucky enough to work on two major projects. Both of which have been "flown". Even then I could only come within 15 feet of the first and LOL at getting my family close enough to see it with their own eyes. I wasn't around to see the second one actually built and deployed. Most nukees don't get to work on one new build!

Pleaseee vote guys the suspense is building up on RBH and its too hard to handle for Friday. Plus I was hoping for a new game from Monday so I can be a part of this nail biting, lying, spying strategizing game once again lol
I already announced to the thread that I am not mafia.

Thanks! I think.

Yeah I do a very different kind of engineering. Some days it feels like I'm not even doing engineering at all. Although in fairness, my current job is officially mostly policy making rather than engineering.

Many of you all here get to actually design and build things. You get to see and touch what you do. You can show your family your work. I don't have that benefit and I'm occasionally envious. Many of you stamp things everyday. I doubt I'll ever stamp anything but a PE applicant reference. And of course you all have professional knowledge that has practical everyday value. ...if I ever use my professional knowledge and experience for everyday use then something has gone very very wrong.

OTOH, back when I was doing real engineering (or rather engineering management) I've was lucky enough to work on two major projects. Both of which have been "flown". Even then I could only come within 15 feet of the first and LOL at getting my family close enough to see it with their own eyes. I wasn't around to see the second one actually built and deployed. Most nukees don't get to work on one new build!
I KNEW it!!!
Your "project" "flew" over American Airlines last week, near the AFB....the "cylinder" looking thing? Admit it!

My argument is that you can say, "I was in the town message group." But not say "I was in the town message group with ____."

This is akin to the rule for the mafia, where once a mafia dies, they can't rat out the rest of the maf.
I'd be open to discuss if the rules should be clarified as to what can and can't be revealed.

Back