EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Good morning everyone", said @blybrook PE as he looked on everyone who had a more cheerful expression but also slightly concerned based on the events of yesterday. "I know yesterday was a bit of a unusual day, but we got through the rest of the OSHA class and you are all now cleared to go on the job site. Normally we would have rented transportation for everyone, but given the pandemic we will each need to drive to the site. Don't worry, you will get the usual IRS alloted reimbursement of $0.56 per mile for use of your personal vehicles. I have here the location of the job site with turn-by-turn directions from here. Or if you have your fancy Waze app or whatever built into your car, feel free to use that. I hear it's safer than looking at papers on the dashboard at 80 miles per hour. Anyway, we will regroup at the site at 8 AM and we will meet at the trailer outside the that is labeled with Gilbane. For those that do not know, They are the construction management company for the project. Alright now, class dismissed."

Everyone headed out to their cars and slowly paraded to the job site in their F-350s, Fiats, and BMW X5s. While cruising down the single lane wooded highway in their vehicle, @jean15paul_PE was jamming out to WAP dancing in their seat while driving when a minivan full of children with a bodybuilder-like cartoon character, whom @jean15paul_PE recognized as @ChebyshevII PE, driving the van pulled up next to their car and shoved @jean15paul_PE off the road, into the woods, and right into a large tree killing him instantly on impact. "That is for doping me!" shouted the driver who raced off on the highway. Upon investigating the crime scene, detectives later found a union card in their wallet and inside the glove box was a stack of money in dollar bills with a note from an anonymous source with details of a construction site asking them to sabotage the site using any and all means possible.

@jean15paul_PE was lynched, he was a union rat

Tie Breaker Dice results: 4 for @jean15paul_PE, 1 for @MadamPirate PE

Why is @jean15paul_PE always maf?
tenor.gif

Dr-Evil-GIF-source.gif

giphy.gif

@Dothracki PE , how you know that I've worked with Gilbane and performed safety trainings like this is just eerie.

If you start naming some specific job sites, then I know you've been stalking me in real life...

"Good morning everyone", said @blybrook PE as he looked on everyone who had a more cheerful expression but also slightly concerned based on the events of yesterday. "I know yesterday was a bit of a unusual day, but we got through the rest of the OSHA class and you are all now cleared to go on the job site. Normally we would have rented transportation for everyone, but given the pandemic we will each need to drive to the site. Don't worry, you will get the usual IRS alloted reimbursement of $0.56 per mile for use of your personal vehicles. I have here the location of the job site with turn-by-turn directions from here. Or if you have your fancy Waze app or whatever built into your car, feel free to use that. I hear it's safer than looking at papers on the dashboard at 80 miles per hour. Anyway, we will regroup at the site at 8 AM and we will meet at the trailer outside the that is labeled with Gilbane. For those that do not know, They are the construction management company for the project. Alright now, class dismissed."

Everyone headed out to their cars and slowly paraded to the job site in their F-350s, Fiats, and BMW X5s. While cruising down the single lane wooded highway in their vehicle, @jean15paul_PE was jamming out to WAP dancing in their seat while driving when a minivan full of children with a bodybuilder-like cartoon character, whom @jean15paul_PE recognized as @ChebyshevII PE, driving the van pulled up next to their car and shoved @jean15paul_PE off the road, into the woods, and right into a large tree killing him instantly on impact. "That is for doping me!" shouted the driver who raced off on the highway. Upon investigating the crime scene, detectives later found a union card in their wallet and inside the glove box was a stack of money in dollar bills with a note from an anonymous source with details of a construction site asking them to sabotage the site using any and all means possible.

@jean15paul_PE was lynched, he was a union rat

Tie Breaker Dice results: 4 for @jean15paul_PE, 1 for @MadamPirate PE[/US
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• 41IU+Ir7xFL.jpg
    41IU+Ir7xFL.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 5
@Dothracki PE , how you know that I've worked with Gilbane and performed safety trainings like this is just eerie.

If you start naming some specific job sites, then I know you've been stalking me in real life...
No way! That's too funny. Purely coincidental, I swear. I really just went with the going trend of having you as a major NPC character.

This storyline is slightly based on a project I worked on with Turner actually. I just changed it to Gilbane because I picked the site as a rural location in upstate NY and Gilbane is more prevalent there, although I don't have a specific name or location in my story.

Last edited:
"Listen up everyone, my name is @Roarbark, I am the site foreman from Gilbane in charge of the site." The group was all gathered in a large circle outside of the construction trailer. The foremen stood on top of the stairs wearing a Carhartt jacket, jeans, and timberland steel toed boots as well as a reflective vest, hard hat, and goggles.

@Roarbark continued, "I'm sure you have already been explained what you are here for. So I'll let you get to it. There have been a few incidents here lately but fortunately nobody has been injured. The client suspects the unions may be interfering with the project, possibly via hired saboteurs posing as contractors. They could be among us and we don't even know it. Remember to pay attention to your surroundings and keep your safety gear on at all times." "Thank you, @Roarbark , now we will go out in pairs so that we remain accountable for each other", chimed in @blybrook PE, "remember to make notes as you go along and take as many photos as needed that will help with the reports."

The group paired up and started walking over to the site. It is a 10 story building that is in varying stages of construction on each level. "That must be a scary job, to work on a crane that high off the ground", chimed @beccabun PE as they walked towards the building noticing a seried of cranes that are lifting large objects and concrete up to the roof. One of the cranes was lifting a steel I-beam up to the roof, swinging it arouns when suddenly the load released plummeting to the ground. It landed on @SaltySteve crushing them instantly. It appeared that a remote control release hook was attached to the load and was sabotaged to fail.

@SaltySteve was murdered by the union rats who sabotaged the crane to make the load release on their command.

Players remaining are: @DuranDuran, @beccabun PE, @MadamPirate PE, @LyceeFruit PE, @txjennah PE, @EyehatethePEexam, @RBHeadge PE, @NikR_PE, @BlueBlueprint_PE, @JayKay PE, @harshaPEAZ

Voting record from yesterday

PlayerDay 1Day 2Day 3
@DuranDuran(2) steve, (12) JP
@beccabun PE(5) cheby(13) MP
@MadamPirate PE(8) TXJ, (16) JP
@LyceeFruit PE(5) TXJ
@txjennah PE(9) MP
@EyehatethePEexam(3) JK(3) Blue, (8) JP
@RBHeadge PE(11) MP
@NikR_PE(6) JP
@BlueBlueprint_PE(10) TXJ, (15) MP
@JayKay PE(2) cheby(1) steve
@harshaPEAZ(6) cheby(14) harsha
@SaltySteve (Dead)(4) JP----
@jean15paul_PE (Dead)(4) cheby(7) harsha, (17) MP----
@ChebyshevII PE (Dead)(1) JK--------

Everyone submitted a vote yesterday.

"Listen up everyone, my name is @Roarbark, I am the site foreman from Gilbane in charge of the site." The group was all gathered in a large circle outside of the construction trailer. The foremen stood on top of the stairs wearing a Carhartt jacket, jeans, and timberland steel toed boots as well as a reflective vest, hard hat, and goggles.
But...but how does a wolf wear boots?

Back