EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Death Eaters win!
tenor.gif

I'd really love to know the sequence of cop investigations.

I guess specifically I'm curious about when @SaltySteve approached me and ask if I was a cop. Was that a genuine question? I assume that I had been investigated.

At that point I seriously considered lying and pretending to be the cop, which would seem to be easier to pull off when there are multiple.

I guess specifically I'm curious about when @SaltySteve approached me and ask if I was a cop. Was that a genuine question? I assume that I had been investigated.

At that point I seriously considered lying and pretending to be the cop, which would seem to be easier to pull off when there are multiple.
oooh now I feel like Lady Whistledown with some secrets to spill....

You made one save. Which is great in any game! You bought the town an extra day.

An interesting dynamic of multi-cop games is that the doctor can't protect both of them.
One save and then picked wrong the rest of the time, including @Roarbark who managed to get killed before I could night save him!

0d1d078af456e33391bd2663d765d598.gif

original.gif

4c88e27ded5e63411193fd4ae24961be_w200.gif

8eb2e450049f7313ecdc7f43b08f011e.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_nwrd7r1D3v1r007zs_500.gifv

KwJa.gif

b0e2e37d698d8743499866fe516576ff.gif

ColossalThoughtfulDorking-small.gif

BronzeDistantAlaskanhusky-small.gif

^ @vhab49_PE was killed by the death eaters during the night

tumblr_n2zp37lc2d1sn8daso5_500.gif

The Death Eaters win!

gg all!

Death Eaters (mafia)
@squaretaper LIT AF PE
@EyehatethePEexam
@txjennah PE
@jean15paul_PE
@JayKay PE

Aurors (cop)
@beccabun PE
@MadamPirate PE

Mediwizard (doctor)
@vhab49_PE

Programming notes:
The RNG choose all special characters and roles. In a defiance of the odds, it picked straight five female players and I was beginning to wonder if this was going to look fixed. The RNG evened itself out at the end.

The thought on doing a Hunger Games with numerous special roles made me want to try something new this game. It didn't have the time to research the properly so I went simple, We had a lot of players so I added an extra mafia member to make it harder but balance it with an extra cop. I'd been planning this concept for a while. I split the max number of investigations between the cops. They had less investigations than mafia members so it "forced" them to find each and think optimally. I figured this was pretty balancing at the time. From my vantage point, I could see the town use some creative tactics to get the most value of their limited resources. I like this new dynamic and how it can change things up a bit, but I can certainly see us going back to the normal rules especially for limited-player games. These rules wouldn't work for a game with a limited number of players.
****. Now I feel even bad for missing yesterdays vote.

@squaretaper LIT AF PE was an is always an unknown.
fify

I think I assumed @txjennah PE by process of elimination. That was later confirmed after I was lynched and added to the confirmed townie list.

When I gamed things out, I figured that @txjennah PE and @squaretaper LIT AF PE would be figured out based on POE. But that assumed a branch where @EyehatethePEexam was eliminated instead of you.

LOL! You were investigated by both cops on day 1. You never had a chance.

The rest were:
MP: nikr, roar, jk
beccabun: duran, mp, <intentional skip>, blueblueprint

Whether she knew it or not, the doctor was always protecting a cop. Well at least up until the last couple days. On Day 3 I think @vhab49_PE figured out that @beccabun PE was a cop. How? idk.

Not that you got to truly experience it, since they deded you early.
I felt honored!

I also urged the group to investigate @JayKay PE after that happened, since a small feeling in my intestines told me she was part of it!

Also, I'm curious about the first night "no attack". Was this planned or was it mis-communication somehow?

I will say if it hadn't been for rps/rng leaning maf, we could have done it. We had the mafia figured out, but the fates were not with us.
There were errors by both sides in this game. The lack of a nightkill on night 1 hurt the mafia. But the RNG/RPS consistently benefited the town. I RNG'd the tie last night before the RPS came in, and roar lost. The RPS came in 10 seconds later, and certainly within the allowed time, so I deferred to it for transparency. And roar still lost. The lack of voting by townies on several days also hurt the town - this happened several times so it can't be attribute to anyone in particular.

I gamed out the endgame Day 6. It looked really good for the town. Like: "Were in the endgame now" gif territory. But all that assumed that there weren't two mislynches and everyone played their part.

I felt honored!

I also urged the group to investigate @JayKay PE after that happened, since a small feeling in my intestines told me she was part of it!

Also, I'm curious about the first night "no attack". Was this planned or was it mis-communication somehow?
Hahaha, no everyone just forgot to vote for a nightkill.

Back