EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IHOP.

Sworn rivals to @SaltySteve 's house of Waffles
You'll never be as entertained in an IHOP as you will in a Waffle House. Normal people make up the majority of IHOPS clientele. They are the minority at any given Waffle House. You ever seen a chick named Darlene chuck a plate of smother covered and topped hashbrowns at a customer down at the IHOP?

Let's get real. No one loves either of these establishments. We can all cook better breakfasts at home for a fraction of the price and never have to put on pants. But, if you're going to go to one, why not be entertained?

Last edited:
You're not missing much. We probably have half a dozen WH and 1-2 IHOPs. I cant remember the last time I've been to either. WH is one of those places that your drunk buddies suggest at 3am.

You're not missing much. We probably have half a dozen WH and 1-2 IHOPs. I cant remember the last time I've been to either. WH is one of those places that your drunk buddies suggest at 3am.
lol that is the only time I have been there :p .... but have been to IHOP twice all sober :p

You'll never be as entertained in an IHOP as you will in a Waffle House. Normal people make up the majority of IHOPS clientele. They are the minority at any given Waffle House. You ever seen a chick named Darlene chuck a plate of smother covered and topped hashbrowns at a customer down at the IHOP?

Let's get real. No one loves either of these establishments. We can all cook better breakfasts at home for a fraction of the price and never have to put on pants. But, if you're going to go to one, why not be entertained?
I beg to differ. I haven't been to a Waffle House since I moved to the midwest 7.5 years ago and I miss it. The food is not the best but it's different from anything I'd make at home. The drama varies from establishment to establishment. Waffle House houses gun fights at night and church groups during the day. Denny's houses drunken yelling matches, crying single fathers and about 80 of my early 20's first dates. IHOP and Perkins house the calmer crowd who will flip their **** or get ultra passive aggressive with order errors. Bob Evans houses the morbidly obese that believe gravy is a beverage.

It's cheap, convenient and tasty food that is a more social version of eating a frozen pizza and bag of Doritos. And if you're wearing pants to any of these establishments you're doing them wrong. I wore a kilt to a Denny's a few times and felt overdressed.

Waffle House food is delicious... in the same way that McDonald's is delicious. Sure I could make a burger and fries at home, but sometimes you just want McDonalds.

IHOP on the other had has a few specific items that are really good, but most of their food is pretty mediocre IMO. But where I'm from Waffle House has all the drama, especially at night. Many fights, shootings, robberies, etc. Reasonable enough during the day.

Also, if you're watching your carbs, stay away from IHOP's scrambled eggs. They add pancake batter to their scrambled eggs to make them extra fluffy. Delicious, but a secret carb bomb.

*cries in New Englander who does not have Waffle House, only IHOP and Dennys which don't compare, but then again we have an average of 2 family owned and operated diners per town that have good food*

Last edited:
@RBHeadge PE I vote for @jean15paul_PE because everyone is voting for lycee so she can focus on the real world + I don't expect it will matter, but I don't like bandwagoning, and it doesn't give useful info.

No offense Jean, you were right above me. (Doth is in my same HP house, so I skipped him. I don't know what house you're in.)

Back