Crystal Pepsi, Yea or nay

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
Saw an article that they are bringing Crystal Pepsi back. Did anyone actually drink it when it first came out?

I remember my aunt used to buy it. I thought it was gross. Something was just off about it, kind of like how the "real sugar" or caffeine free sodas don't taste like the originals.

I had it a few times when it first came out. It was more of a novelty I suppose.

Since I hardly ever drink soda anymore, I wouldn't really care of they bought it back.

I've never had Crystal Pepsi or Fresca. I grew up on Diet Coke. For some odd reason, I got into a ginger ale kick while I was studying for the exam, so my mini-fridge in my man-cave was always stocked with it. Curiously, after I passed I started drinking root beer instead of ginger ale. No idea why.

Fresca is good in small quantities. I've had a couple cases of normal Diet coke in the last 9 months or so that were made with splenda...blah. They must have run out of the phenylalanine compounds for those batches.

What year did it first come out? 1995? Or am I thinking of something else?

I stopped drinking Pepsi when they got rid of the Big Slam. Not because of the delivery vessel shape, I just happened to stop drinking Pepsi at that time.

Crystal Pepsi coming back can mean only one thing... Clear and Present Danger 2

I don’t even remember crystal Pepsi. I don’t drink sodas typically, with the exception being a ginger beer I’ll split with Mr. Leggo once a week or so. My beverage intake is generally comprised of 90% water, and the occasional 1/2 ginger beer or Aura Bora herbal sparkling water (I highly recommend all flavors if you can find them!) and maybe one beer here and there. Left the typical sodas behind a looonnngggg time ago, though I definitely grew up with them. Thus, nay for crystal Pepsi over here!

I'm about the same as far as it coming back. I've gotten where I rarely drink soda anymore, once in a while when we go out to eat is about it. So, whatever.

If anyone is really curious, you can still find the OG stuff on eBay for $15-$30 a bottle. Wonder if a re-release will make the vintage Crystal Pepsi market plummet? I hope not, my TSP is already down.

Pepsi just generally is bad... inferior to other soft drinks anyway. Who here knows it's history... that it was launched as the working man's soft drink and was cheaper than Coke.

I've already been drinking crystal pepsi for the last 7 years or so. It goes under the name Zevia Cola. It's stevia sweetened; much healthier than regular (or even your typical diet) soda.

Unless the new stuff is different than the old...that ain't Crystal Pepsi. I don't even think they had Stevia when the OG stuff came out. It was exactly the same as regular Pepsi, they just left out the caramel coloring.

Unless the new stuff is different than the old...that ain't Crystal Pepsi. I don't even think they had Stevia when the OG stuff came out. It was exactly the same as regular Pepsi, they just left out the caramel coloring.
I was just being facetious. Zevia is a completely different brand, and some might not like its formula as much as they like the real stuff (although I find it quite close, to be honest)

Back