COVID19 and CBT Tests thru PearsonVUE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who had their CBT exams cancelled/automatically rescheduled, how far in advance of your original test date were you notified/noticed and rescheduled? I'm signed up for the TFS on July 22nd and, like many others, the next soonest testing date is like October (if I'm lucky and no other dates open up when they cancel other tests).

I wanted an idea on how much advance notice I might be able to expect. Currently, my NCEES dashboard shows the "we can't show you your test date" but when I go to the Pearson website my test date and location remains unchanged.
I was supposed to sit next Wednesday in NH. Logged in today to see if any further guidance regarding masks or procedures had changed Since I last logged in two weeks ago and came to find out that the cancelled my appointment. No emails from either NCEES or Pearson VUE. Speaking to both NCEES via chat and VUE by phone am just told to reschedule. Next closet thing is 4 months out. So don't expect any sort of heads up or reasonable notification... little irate at this point. 

I just got the NCEES notification that I passed the MDM exam I took last week. I still want to shout “I passed” and I did do that when I saw the result. This was a difficult journey for me as it was for everyone out there who passed their PE exam or will pass sometime soon. 
The key is taking your time when you study, stay consistent, do as many problems as you can. PPI learning hub, NCEES practice exam, 6-minute problems, whatever you can and your time permits. Skip the overly complicated long problems, learn the principles well. Your plan should be to pass this exam on the first try. If you fail, you should register again right away, Stay at it till you pass! 
for me, 3rd time was the charm. First two times were P&P format and the last one was CBT.  Computer based exam was considerably a better experience for me and even if I failed I would still be happy that the format changed to CBT, way more convenient and overall better experience, all that carrying and having those references next to me confused me so much and affected my performance and overall focus on the exam, that’s just me. 

I want to thank everyone on the board who helped me and commented on my posts but I want to say a special thank you to @SacMe24 and @jean15paul_PE for helping me get through this, especially with their advices for the paper exam but I carried those advices to the CBT and got the result. 

I wish good luck to everyone else who is trying to pass their PE exam. 

Sorry for the lengthy post! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the NCEES notification that I passed the MDM exam I took last week. I still want to shout “I passed” and I did do that when I saw the result. This was a difficult journey for me as it was for everyone out there who passed their PE exam or will pass sometime soon. 
The key is taking your time when you study, stay consistent, do as many problems as you can. PPI learning hub, NCEES practice exam, 6-minute problems, whatever you can and your time permits. Skip the overly complicated long problems, learn the principles well. Your plan should be to pass this exam on the first try. If you fail, you should register again right away, Stay at it till you pass! 
for me, 3rd time was the charm. First two times were P&P format and the last one was CBT.  Computer based exam was considerably a better experience for me and even if I failed I would have been happy that the format changed to CBT, way more convenient and overall better experience, all that carrying and having those references next to me confused me so much and affected my performance and overall focus on the exam, that’s just me. 

I want to thank everyone on the board who helped me and commented on my posts but I want to say a special thank you to @SacMe24 and @jean15paul_PE for helping me get through this, especially with their advices for the paper exam but I carried those advices to the CBT and got the result. 

CONGRATULATIONS! Glad I could help. Don't remember what I said though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
for me, 3rd time was the charm. First two times were P&P format and the last one was CBT.  Computer based exam was considerably a better experience for me and even if I failed I would still be happy that the format changed to CBT, way more convenient and overall better experience, all that carrying and having those references next to me confused me so much and affected my performance and overall focus on the exam, that’s just me. 

Congratulations my friend and welcome to the club !!!... so happy I was able to help another fellow engineer achieve their goal.... now pay it forward. I'm sure there are others in your shoes that have been studying for the P&P format and now find themselves having to prep for the CBT experience, I'm sure they would love to hear the details of your journey.

Once again, congrats on achieving such a big milestone in your career !

Congratulations my friend and welcome to the club !!!... so happy I was able to help another fellow engineer achieve their goal.... now pay it forward. I'm sure there are others in your shoes that have been studying for the P&P format and now find themselves having to prep for the CBT experience, I'm sure they would love to hear the details of your journey.

Once again, congrats on achieving such a big milestone in your career !
Thanks again, my friend. Yes, I will share my experience from the beginning to the end of the journey. 

Back