COME ON CA!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Password PDF for traffic engineering just received. Now for the actual result email............. !!!djakf;1!!!

I got the wallet card. You also got a certificate?
Yeah there were two letters - one 8.5x11 and a smaller one for the wallet card. The 8.5x11 one had the certificate, cardboard backing, and another letter discussing renewals, seals, and other bylaws

I got PE exam pass notice form NCEES web and have done my fingerprint three weeks ago,  but I never got any notice from California Engineering Board, should I send email ask?

I got PE exam pass notice form NCEES web and have done my fingerprint three weeks ago,  but I never got any notice from California Engineering Board, should I send email ask?
I am in the same boat Qyjenn --- did fingerprint on 12/7/15, got "pass" on NCEES when everyone else did, but nothing yet from BPELSG and not yet on the database.

I spoke w/ them last week over the phone. They said that my fingerprints cleared on 12/15/15, but that it was too late to be included in the first "batch" of licensees. They wouldn't tell me when the next "batch" will be released, but they later posted on their website on 12/23/15 that "the week of December 28th" is their next "bi-weekly [licensing] cycle."

Long story short, I'd expect my name and yours to be on the database by the end of this week. If it isn't, you'll probably have to wait another two weeks to see it...

Congrats!

Thank you mt1623 for your reply, for right now we just need to be patient and wait.
No more worries.

Mansour's survey book along with the practice exams are mostly good enough. Like someone else mentioned , use a diffErent calculator that you'd normally use for the pe ,  that can save u calculation time for problems that involve angle conversions , Etc. Find some good online resource for curve geometry problems. I saw a lot of them on my test. Make quick ref notes for basic areas, volumes, coordinate geometry and trignometry equations ( these are gold for the survey exam). 
Thanks. How many many months did you study for all three exams? Any recommendations? Which one was the most difficult of the three?

I started reviewing in Jan until the test begins. Basically, 2-3 hours per day for sure on 8 hours and Seismic. 

I didn't spend too much time on Surveying, so I failed first time, but I past the second time with the help of Reza's review class. 

BTW, I got my A4 in the mail. 

Thanks. How many many months did you study for all three exams? Any recommendations? Which one was the most difficult of the three?
First, I did not take review courses for all three because I`ve historically not paid attention in a classroom scenario/group study/study buddy.I am more of a turn all lights off except my table lamp and put my head down and study person. So, the first step is to identify what ur weakness and strengths are and what you are comfy with.  I started in August , Prioritized the 8hr. Exam ( 2 +- hours per day, 5 hours on Sat & Sun) , Studied Seismic for a week end of Sept., Revised Seismic(1 hr per day) and put 2 hrs per day for survey, for a week after the 8hr Exam. Binged survey over the weekend after i took the Seismic on a Friday and took survey on Monday afternoon. I used EET for Seismic and Mansour for Survey. I personally think the "hrs" is very subjective and depends on your knowledge and abilities. For the seismic , it doesn't matter whether its Hiner or EET, the 400+ problems both of them have covers all kinds of questions that could be asked on the exam in each topic. I used the EET workbook almost exclusively for the test because it may not be a "I understood the concept of seismic design , text book", but its more of a "condensed ASCE 7 Manual" which helped me look up info that I needed to pass the test without turning pages in ASCE 7/IBC/CBC (remember ,2.77 minutes per problem!!). I have mixed reviews about survey because I just used mansour , it was the hardest exam among the three and i came out feeling I didn't make it. From my personal testing experience , around 25 problems were plug and chug which I could get from mansours workbook, the rest were a little time consuming and required some thinking outside of any text book that you would take. Again, for survey a good time saving calculator for angles/bearings and print out a good resource for curves and co-ordinate geometry will go a long way. Also, most important thing to remember is there are no points for getting 99% on both the exams, so don`t worry if you miss a few questions, just make sure you complete the test even if you have to guess a few.

First, I did not take review courses for all three because I`ve historically not paid attention in a classroom scenario/group study/study buddy.I am more of a turn all lights off except my table lamp and put my head down and study person. So, the first step is to identify what ur weakness and strengths are and what you are comfy with.  I started in August , Prioritized the 8hr. Exam ( 2 +- hours per day, 5 hours on Sat & Sun) , Studied Seismic for a week end of Sept., Revised Seismic(1 hr per day) and put 2 hrs per day for survey, for a week after the 8hr Exam. Binged survey over the weekend after i took the Seismic on a Friday and took survey on Monday afternoon. I used EET for Seismic and Mansour for Survey. I personally think the "hrs" is very subjective and depends on your knowledge and abilities. For the seismic , it doesn't matter whether its Hiner or EET, the 400+ problems both of them have covers all kinds of questions that could be asked on the exam in each topic. I used the EET workbook almost exclusively for the test because it may not be a "I understood the concept of seismic design , text book", but its more of a "condensed ASCE 7 Manual" which helped me look up info that I needed to pass the test without turning pages in ASCE 7/IBC/CBC (remember ,2.77 minutes per problem!!). I have mixed reviews about survey because I just used mansour , it was the hardest exam among the three and i came out feeling I didn't make it. From my personal testing experience , around 25 problems were plug and chug which I could get from mansours workbook, the rest were a little time consuming and required some thinking outside of any text book that you would take. Again, for survey a good time saving calculator for angles/bearings and print out a good resource for curves and co-ordinate geometry will go a long way. Also, most important thing to remember is there are no points for getting 99% on both the exams, so don`t worry if you miss a few questions, just make sure you complete the test even if you have to guess a few.
How did you study for the seismic with EET in a short time period? There is a lot of material in their course with the problems and notes? Did you watch the lectures or only the problems?

How did you study for the seismic with EET in a short time period? There is a lot of material in their course with the problems and notes? Did you watch the lectures or only the problems?

I just ordered their workbook. I used to spend 30 mins just highlighting the equations and spent 2-3 hrs crunching the problems the back by timing them (very doable). One thing to note in their workbook is Chapter 5, 6 (ASCE 7 -Chapters 11 & 12)  & 11 are the biggest and the most important. I spent one evening each for them and the rest I was able to knock off 2-3 smaller chapters per day depending on how tired I was from work. EET sends you a small 16 page summary of all seismic equations which is good enough to solve problems from smaller chapters 

Back