Colorado Results and Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have initial license in Wyoming and want to get Colorado license by endorsement, whats the procedure? How long will it take to get colorado license? what are colorado license requirements? I got my masters degree and have 3 years of experience.
Use your NCEES record to submit, go to the DORA website and apply. Pay all the fees. Wait a few business days. TADA!

Does Colorado require a retest if you take the PE with another state (decoupled, taken before experience)? From the sounds of a comment I've seen in this thread it looks like they may have decoupled?

Also, does a Master's count towards any experience years?

Thanks, been waiting on DORA to respond to my emails but I'm not sure if they expect me to find this info on the website. Some language seems vague to me.

I became licensed - first and only license - in Colorado in the spring of 2018 (seriously had it OUT for DORA when I was trying to get my application approved to take the exam...I digress).

Now trying to apply for an NCEES record to obtain licensure in other state(s). I am on the step where Colorado has to approve your existing license and exams. Does anyone know how long this typically takes? I can't imagine it would take more than one click - but it's been over a week. Anyone have any insight on this? Also, assuming this will not waive my requirement to get all experience re-verified, is that correct?

Does Colorado require a retest if you take the PE with another state (decoupled, taken before experience)? From the sounds of a comment I've seen in this thread it looks like they may have decoupled?

Also, does a Master's count towards any experience years?

Thanks, been waiting on DORA to respond to my emails but I'm not sure if they expect me to find this info on the website. Some language seems vague to me.
As far as I know, Colorado is still not decoupled. However, they allow initial licensure applications through the NCEES record, which should allow you to use a passing exam result from another state when applying for your first license. This is what I am hoping to do, but I still need about 6 months more work experience before I can confirm that. Worst case, you could always apply for license in the state you took your exam and then re-apply to Colorado through comity, though I don't think this will be necessary.

Your Master's degree should count as a year of work experience I believe.

Back