Civil Engineering Academy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeccaE

Reaction score
For the breadth section, I used Civil Engineering Academy. My background is BS Geological Engineering and MS Hydrologic Sciences.
I took the Civil - WRE PE Exam and passed in April 2021 on the first try.

When I opened up the CERM for the first time, I realized that I needed to learn a lot of material for the first time. I also needed to review a lot from many moons ago. I had less than 10 weeks to the exam when I figured this out.

I learned a lot from the CEA lectures, and it was very helpful that they had practice problems (depth for some) at the end of each section. They also provided nice practice exams and reference materials that helped me develop my notes and equations for the exam.

When I took the exam, the breadth section felt like a breeze - I finished in just over 2 hours and had lots of time to go back and catch dumb mistakes, work through more complicated problems, etc. I felt very good about how the CEA courses prepped me for the morning section.

The CEA is still developing their depth section for WRE, so I taught myself some of the concepts I didn't know and ended up just filling in about 10-15 questions at the end blindly since I ran out of time for the PM. It's very unusual for me to not finish an exam, and it seems like this round was similar for a lot of people this round.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Back