Civil Engineer planning on taking Mechanical and Electrical PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjeem

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a licensed Civil Engineer. I am planning on taking the Electrical and Mechanical exams. I have a decent understanding of the Electrical design and have stamped drawings in states that allows me to do so, and also have a basic understanding of Mechanical and Plumbing. However, I do not have any actual coursework background on either topics, and would like recommendations on the best courses available for these disciplines that would be appropriate for someone without the appropriate coursework. I'm fairly good at taking exams, and learning through on demand courses. I passed the FE, PE, and the California state exams on first go and didn't study at all for the FE, and about one week for the California seismic (which I don't have any background in). I was a terrible student in college, and learnt more through taking the 6 months PE course than my 4 year university, so as long as the course explains things well, I should be able to pick it up. Please let me know what would be the best, most elaborate PE course for someone with no educational background in these disciplines (will post this on the electrical thread as well). Thanks in advance.

Back