CBT TESTING - 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAMEngineer

Reaction score
HELLO,

Just wanted to see if anyone else is signed up for the 2022 civil - construction PE exam. Failed it the first go around back in the last pencil-and-paper exam in October. Even after riding the emotional roller coaster of failing the FE four times, this result still hurts. Oh well, back on "the horse" as everyone likes to call it.

What all classes are you taking? I am tired of watching the un-edited recordings of overly-confident ASCE folks, are there any alternatives that present the material better? I am beggining to feel that the only proper way to study is by focusing on practice problems and doing two or three full blown practice exams.

thanks for responding..

I took EET for P&P. Worth every penny. I'm not sure how they've adapted the courses to the CBT testing but I'm confident you'd be very well prepared.

I just received my binders from EET for the Civil-Transportation PE Exam. I'm in the tab process, will begin to study in February.

I just received my binders from EET for the Civil-Transportation PE Exam. I'm in the tab process, will begin to study in February.
I would tab as you go through the lessons with EET. There's such thing as overtabbing in my mind. You don't necessarily have to tab every single page. I went through and tabbed everything my first go around to the point where it wasn't helpful at all. I actually spent 2 nights before my exam cleaning them up.

Why bother tabbing a manual if you cannot use it durring the exam? would it be better to review the NCEES published handbook that we will use in PDF form during the exam?

The EET manual came with tabs... I tab the NCEES reference manual (which lacks information and formulas) to learn where things are and go to them quicker (on the cbt exam I'll know where to look) I tab the practice exams to get faster to the solutions instead of flipping pages... it is easier to study with tabs; I remember how easy was to study for steel because the steel manual had tabs.

Oh I see, thanks for explaining that. I was thinking of signing up for this course, Construction-On-Demand.
Do you sign up for the transpo version of this product, or did you sign up for the breadth and depth bundle?

By the way, I definitely experienced that there are some huge gaps in the info that is held withing the NCEES Civil PE handbook version 1.1. Having printed out and tabbed the version 1.0 to use for the last P&P exam It was clear that there was not enough information in the handbook. Did not track the hours spent studying, but i definitely feel that a fiend of mine (who took the WNR exam) & I definitely studied over 100 hours ~ the minimum. Still felt comfortable but was shocked that the sections I did poorly in I work on a daily basis. Construction managment, 3D modeling, surveying, scheduling, and cost estimating. Even did my Masters capstone on intigrating schedule and costs of a project through EVM. Yet, the PE scores do not reflect that.

Attachments

• PdfImage.png
    PdfImage.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 139
Yes! I signed up for the transpo on-demand bundle. I just saw the intro video a Samir said that the manual is missing information and that we either need to know the missing information or look it up in the references which is not clear because NCEES said that the references are not needed for the breadth portion; we'll have to wait until someone takes the exam and confirms the references availability for the breadth. As for failing in the portion of your everyday job, don't feel bad; it took me a long road to dominate the TE portion of the FE exam and that's my everyday job. I have a master's in const mgmt and I wouldn't take the Construction PE; feel comfortable with the Transpo since I've been doing it for 6 years, well mostly Traffic which is a big chunk of the depth. You'll get it this time. I calculated 200+hours of studying, 1 hour in the morning and half hour during my lunch break for the next few months and 2hrs Saturday's and Sunday's; I can't study more than 2 hours, I loose concentration after that.

So is there are any confirmation of the material that we will be provided during the exam?

If we are not to be brining in any material, other than Reference manual provided by NCEES (split screen just like the FE), why is there even an exam specification with additional materials ?

Will the additional references be provided within the questions themselves, I think not based on the updated sections of the sample examination that NCEES put out, they just change a handful of questions from the straight-forward multiple choice, to the select a few that work...

Has anyone taken the CBT for PE Civil in any discipline????

So is there are any confirmation of the material that we will be provided during the exam?

If we are not to be brining in any material, other than Reference manual provided by NCEES (split screen just like the FE), why is there even an exam specification with additional materials ?

Will the additional references be provided within the questions themselves, I think not based on the updated sections of the sample examination that NCEES put out, they just change a handful of questions from the straight-forward multiple choice, to the select a few that work...

Has anyone taken the CBT for PE Civil in any discipline????
"In addition to the PE Civil Reference Handbook, the exam will include searchable PDF versions of codes and standards. A
list of the material that will be included in your exam is shown on the exam specifications. Any additional material required
for the solution of a particular exam question will be included in the question itself. You will not be allowed to bring
personal copies of any material into the exam room.
To familiarize yourself with the format, style, and navigation of a computer-based exam, visit the Exam Resources section
on the NCEES YouTube channel. "

Back