• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

California seismic exam materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeemZ

Reaction score
I’m selling the following items;

- PRACTICE EXAMS FOR THE CALIFORNIA SEISMIC PRINCIPLES CIVIL P.E. EXAMINATION (4TH EDITION)
by Ahmed M. M. Ibrahim (AEI)

used, some markings throughout (all in pencil) , $40

- SDPWS Special Design Provisions for Wind & Seismic 2015 Edition

gently used, no markings , $30

- Fundamentals of Seismic Analysis and Design of Buildings by AEI

Used with heavy markings and highlights throughout, $20

- 2018 IBC

gently used, $60

- Seismic Design Review based on the 2018 IBC (most current version) by Hiner

like new, $90

- California civil seismic principles practice exams 12th edition updated for 2019 CBC and ASCE/SEI7-16

like new , $70

0F8E047C-281A-4FAF-AE6C-F75EC33E1BE2.jpeg06371771-C81C-4235-B6F3-2C0E762F93AA.jpeg68F29621-8EBE-4AAF-BC26-2B9BF4E4A3A6.jpeg19631F32-F6C8-4D2C-A08B-CC00342DC47D.jpeg7CABDA32-0E3C-42B3-B19E-0131CA064D79.jpeg030F56E3-29CF-47D2-9061-739BAFA44B73.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello, I am interested in the following books.

- PRACTICE EXAMS FOR THE CALIFORNIA SEISMIC PRINCIPLES CIVIL P.E. EXAMINATION (4TH EDITION)

- California civil seismic principles practice exams 12th edition updated for 2019 CBC and ASCE/SEI7-16

If these are still available, please email me to [email protected]

Thank you

I’m selling the following items;

used, some markings throughout (all in pencil) , $40

- SDPWS Special Design Provisions for Wind & Seismic 2015 Edition

gently used, no markings , $30

Used with heavy markings and highlights throughout, $20

- 2018 IBC

gently used, $60

- Seismic Design Review based on the 2018 IBC (most current version) by Hiner

like new, $90

like new , $70

View attachment 27197View attachment 27198View attachment 27199View attachment 27200View attachment 27201View attachment 27202
Hello, can you please let me know if these books are available, and also let me know if you have any bundled price? Thank you.

Can we talk about how difficult the exams are on this forum?

I finished studying Hiner's book last month; and just finished Ibrahim's book 3 practice exams last night?

For Hiner's practice exams, I felt like I got about 70% correct and they were doable. I thought that I would be ready for the real seismic exam.

For the Ibrahim's 3 practice exams, I felt like I the problems were so long and tricky that it would be lucky if I get 30% correct. After taking Ibrahim's 3 practice exams, my confidence dropped like a rock.

Which of the 2 books do you think is more of a representative of the actual exam? If it's Ibrahim, then I am sure I will never pass seismic.

I finished studying Hiner's book last month; and just finished Ibrahim's book 3 practice exams last night?

For Hiner's practice exams, I felt like I got about 70% correct and they were doable. I thought that I would be ready for the real seismic exam.

For the Ibrahim's 3 practice exams, I felt like I the problems were so long and tricky that it would be lucky if I get 30% correct. After taking Ibrahim's 3 practice exams, my confidence dropped like a rock.

Which of the 2 books do you think is more of a representative of the actual exam? If it's Ibrahim, then I am sure I will never pass seismic.
I would say that get familiar with Dr. Ibrhaim's material but don't sweat much. focus on Hiner's questions and exams more... you should be getting around 80% on his exams and 75% plus on his CBT.

Hi Nart,

I am having this exact same problem. I took Hiner's practice exams scoring above 80% on each. But now finishing Ibrahim's I got 60%, 60%, and 45.5%. My confidence is absolutely shot. Did you end up passing the Seismic Exam? And if you did, would you say doing well on Hiner's exams is enough or should I move my test and try to master Ibrahim's tests? (For reference I am scheduled to take the test next week).

Thanks,
Z

Hi Nart,

I am having this exact same problem. I took Hiner's practice exams scoring above 80% on each. But now finishing Ibrahim's I got 60%, 60%, and 45.5%. My confidence is absolutely shot. Did you end up passing the Seismic Exam? And if you did, would you say doing well on Hiner's exams is enough or should I move my test and try to master Ibrahim's tests? (For reference I am scheduled to take the test next week).

Thanks,
Z
Hello! I took Ibrahim's class only so I cannot compare to Hiner's. However, I passed the exam. I think confidence is important to bring with you on the test along with the skills you gained from the studies. Do not worry too much about your particular score on the practice exams. I think they are designed to be a little harder. Just be sure to work the problems you missed. Try and rework similar problems or even retake the tests. Then for the day or two before the exam take a break and know that you have done your best to prepare and you will be ready to perform well on test day. It sounds to me like you have done more than most! Don't worry! You got it!

Hi Nart,

Thanks,
Z
From the practice scores, I don't think you would have any problem passing. Hiner's book was what provided me the fundamentals to pass the exam. Ibrahim practice exams are more difficult than the actual exam and good for refining your knowledge and speed. Both are necessary for an easy pass; although I think Hiner's book alone would be sufficient. I passed on the first try thanks to these 2 books; and you shouldn't have a problem.

Back