California SE exam application timeline

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anteaters

Reaction score
California board requires application submitted and approved before registering for the SE exam. Has anyone recieved the approval letter to register at NCEES website? How long does it usually take for the board to review the application? It seems the NCEES will start to accept registration from Jun. 14th.

California board requires application submitted and approved before registering for the SE exam. Has anyone recieved the approval letter to register at NCEES website? How long does it usually take for the board to review the application? It seems the NCEES will start to accept registration from Jun. 14th.
Have you heard from the board yet? Nothing on my end.

Have any of you heard from the board? I only received an email on June 15th saying they've received my application...no word on approval. They won't even allow us to contact them to check.
The Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists has received your application and it has been referred to technical review.

Please do not contact the Board for status checks. Once in technical review, you will receive one of the following:

• An email or phone call requesting additional information or clarification needed for technical review.
  • An email when the technical review has been completed and you have been approved for examination and/or licensure.
  • An email or letter stating you are ineligible for examination and/or licensure.

A large number of SE applications are completing technical review so you should be hearing something this week.

Just reporting back that I received approval last week on 7/12 and I submitted 4/30.

Back