CALIFORNIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my "wallet certificate" for CA yesterday. It's basically a flimsy piece of paper you have to cut out on your own. And they expect that thing to last in your wallet. Cheesy.
Anyway, I don't mean to sound all whiny, but this wallet certificate was truly underwhelming. I even wish my wall certificate was as cool looking as, say, Captain Worley's (without the frame job!). Oh well, CA has a huge deficit to pay off and cuts have to come from somewhere, right? ;)
In a few months you will get the plastic wallet certificate. It isn't as glorious as the Worley Exhibit, but it will last. And they mail you a new one everytime you renew your license.

In a few months you will get the plastic wallet certificate. It isn't as glorious as the Worley Exhibit, but it will last. And they mail you a new one everytime you renew your license.
"The Worley Exhibit." Heh...nice!

I passed last year and renewed my license recently; and have yet to receive the plastic wallet cert. I think it was axed due to budget cuts. I just laminated the crappy paper copy.

I passed last year and renewed my license recently; and have yet to receive the plastic wallet cert. I think it was axed due to budget cuts. I just laminated the crappy paper copy.
When did you renew? I think I got my plastic card a couple months after my first renewal. Did you hear or read from an official source they axed these cards? It is really hard for me to believe they would save any real money axing this plastic card. It can't cost more than 10 cents each to mass produce. That's not much money.

Back