California Refile Applications

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The quick answere to your questions is sending the reapplication to the CA board is not enough.

You need to register for the exam you wish to take at the NCEES website and print the confirmation, the NCEES website says to include the confirmation with your application, the CA board just says to complete the NCEES registration by Feb 18. See above link for the sample letter that was sent out.

Last edited by a moderator:
All California Applicants,
If you were not successful in October 2010 and did not notice the web link on your Fail notice directing you to the Board's Refile Applications, here is the link again:

http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/4-11_refile_notices.shtml

We want to be sure that everyone is aware of the location for these notices.

Thank you
I filled the one that came with results is that sufficient?
EISSAH - The Refile Application (link I posted earlier) is the REQUIRED document to be sent in with the fee indicating your intentions to sit for the next exam. Fail notices for the NCEES exams included the link to this web page within the language contained in the notice. Fail notices for the State exams that were mailed out by the Board serve the same purposes as the Refile application. Not all applicants received both notices or sat for both national and state exams. If you are sitting for a national and a state exam, only one Refile Application is required per discipline.

The Summary Sheet produced as a result of registering for an exam or exams on the NCEES site can be sent in with the refile. If you have already sent in the refile, just mail, fax or email the summary sheet. The Board evaluators use the summary sheet to verify that the applicant registered for the proper exam(s).

I am confused, I signed and sent back the paperwork that came with the notice, so I will fill this out and fax it so all bases are covered.

Back