California PE References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHOSTMEout

Reaction score
I'm struggling with 4 references that CA required for the PE application. I'm working under a civil PE (in responsible charge), and I worked with other civil PE before (associate), and the other 2 references got rejected because they answered NO to "Do you verify the Applicant's experience on Part A, including position title and employment dates". The 2 references were my college professors, and they are not going to confirm my current employment or position. I tried with both to give them the HR email and my boss's info to verify, but they still feel uncomfortable about that, and I don't want to keep pushing them. So my request is to help me by being my civil reference. I would appreciate that. I would be happy to send you some samples of my work, work experience, direct boss info, and HR email to check employment or whatever you need to make you comfortable.

Note: I have 2 Mechanical PE in my current job, but we only have one PE Civil. That's why I have a hard time getting 4 PEs civil in California.
Please text me if you need more info 949.483.1535

Not a reflection on you, but its refreshing to hear that when a licensed person doesn't believe they can certify to something due to lack of familiarity or knowledge, they don't do it.

Back