CA Surveying & Seismic Application Status

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nart

Reaction score
I have received an email 2 weeks ago stating that the board has technically approved my application and that if take home exam and fingerprint requirements are fulfilled, then I would receive email notification that allows for exam registration.

Anyone familiar with the time gap between technical approval and exam registration approval?

The contact point's email states not to contact the board regarding status. What can I do to find out if I have passed the take home exam (law and ethic) and fingerprint?

According to Contact Information - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists you would contact [email protected]

If you applied by submitting a paper application (prior to October 1, 2021) you will only be notified if you did not pass the take home exam (now known as the Laws and Regulations Exam)

If you applied through the online Connect portal, your pass/fail results will appear on your dashboard and by email/text.

If the former and don't hear anything, you've likely passed. But this is why the CA Board integrated the L&R exam into Connect, so applicants know.

Fingerprints are dealt with in a similar fashion. If you haven't ever been arrested or convicted of any crime, then you will not be be contacted about fingerprint results. If there are issues with receiving the results from FBI/DOJ, the Board will contact you but if you want to check, the contact info for fingerprints is at that same link posted above. Phone number and email address.

According to Contact Information - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists you would contact [email protected]

If you applied by submitting a paper application (prior to October 1, 2021) you will only be notified if you did not pass the take home exam (now known as the Laws and Regulations Exam)

If you applied through the online Connect portal, your pass/fail results will appear on your dashboard and by email/text.

If the former and don't hear anything, you've likely passed. But this is why the CA Board integrated the L&R exam into Connect, so applicants know.

Fingerprints are dealt with in a similar fashion. If you haven't ever been arrested or convicted of any crime, then you will not be be contacted about fingerprint results. If there are issues with receiving the results from FBI/DOJ, the Board will contact you but if you want to check, the contact info for fingerprints is at that same link posted above. Phone number and email address.
Great. Thank you for your helps. That's good information.

Back