CA State Exam Engagement Records

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altezza3363

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am wondering how strict the board of engineers is on the engagement record requirements.
Some background story about me. I passed the 8-hour exam, started on the application, and got two references from my previous job back in 2018, but things did not go as planned and I postponed my plan to take the exam. Switched jobs a few times and I recently got two more references and submitted my application package, but then I realized there are more requirements on the engagement form listed on their website.

1) I have my engagements listed orderly from after graduation to most recent, since I got two of my references from my previous employer when I was working with them. ( which I don't believe is a deal breaker?)
2) Two of my engagements overlapped in time. The persons of reference were my project manager and the project engineer from my previous job, and I did not know I could have one engagement with two different references.
3) I have two gaps between engagements. One gap was from switching jobs with the same reference person. After I worked at a company for four months, the team lead invited me to join his new found company, so technically he could also be my reference for the gap but with two different companies. The other gap was caused by attending graduate school.

Any of you had experience working with the board on the engagement form and know if they are strict on details or they focus only on the length and work experience? In my case, will the board contact me for clarification or will they only file my application as incomplete? I emailed the board also but I am worried it may take them long time to respond. Thank you!

-N

Last edited:
Back