CA Seismic Results February 2023

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnm94

Reaction score
Is anyone else anxiously awaiting their results from February exams? I know results have been coming out sometime around the 10th of the month lately but the suspense is killing me lol

Is anyone else anxiously awaiting their results from February exams? I know results have been coming out sometime around the 10th of the month lately but the suspense is killing me lol
Thank you for making this thread. I've been wondering why there hasn't been one lol. Yes, I am really anxious. I was hoping that we'd maybe get the results today but it looks like it's going to be the 10th.

Same here. My strong guess is by Friday morning or worst case end of Friday we'll get those results, possibly earlier, we'll see. I just took the seismic one, felt it was manageable, but fingers crossed!

Same here. My strong guess is by Friday morning or worst case end of Friday we'll get those results, possibly earlier, we'll see. I just took the seismic one, felt it was manageable, but fingers crossed!
I took it Feb 10th, the day before the superbowl haha. I remember feeling like it wasn’t too bad. I was producing answers that were choices but I was also very scared I was falling for their tricks, specifically when calculating Cs. We shall see!

I took it Feb 10th, the day before the superbowl haha. I remember feeling like it wasn’t too bad. I was producing answers that were choices but I was also very scared I was falling for their tricks, specifically when calculating Cs. We shall see!
Yeah, my exam had about 3 questions with redundancy and seismic load effects and combinations (Qe, E, etc.). Surprisingly also had a lot of simple SDOF problems with just K, F, and Delta. I ended up having to guess on maybe 5-7 questions. But as long as the cut score is at like 55-65% like in the past, should be okay. If they somehow put the cut score at 70%+. then I might be concerned, haha!

Very interesting, scores are indeed out as of Wednesday morning ! I passed and am finally a PE !

For what it's worth, for the seismic, I had no experience at all besides one structural class in college. I used Steven Hiner's on-demand course and studied for two months, and did the three practice exams. I averaged 76%, and 83% in the workbook practice exams, and a very close 69% on the online version. On the actual exam there were probably about 5-7 questions I ran out of time / had no way of solving, but still was able to pass. Good luck for everyone else on this path to a greater future !

Last edited:
Passed!!!

I just want to give some background for those that are on this thread and haven't taken it yet or took it and didn't pass this go around. This was my second time taking the Seismic Exam. I BRUTALLY failed the first time. I got deficient in almost every category. I had taken the Hiner course but did not give it my full attention. I zoned out watching the videos and skipped hard homework problems. My second round studying I really applied myself. I watched every Hiner video (and paid attention), did ALL the homework, and re-took all his exams (twice). I have also heard good things about AEI but I haven't taken the course so I can't speak on it. However, my second round studying I did purchase the 3 online practice exams by Ibrahim. These practice tests were definitely harder than Hiner's. For Hiner's practice exams my average was around 85%, but my average for Ibrahim's was 60%. I took the time to study the ones I got wrong on Ibrahim's practice exams and when I re-took all three my average went up to 85% as well. This is when I felt like I was ready to take the real Seismic Exam again and I was right because I finally passed! I didn't feel too pressed for time and only blindly guessed on 5. So, if you pick a course (Hiner or AEI), put in the work, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, you will pass. This test isn't about how smart you are, it is about how good of a test taker you are.

Congrats to everyone else that passed this month!

I took my exam on February 26th and was wondering if the results will be come out with the rest of Feb folks

Very interesting, scores are indeed out as of Wednesday morning ! I passed and am finally a PE !

For what it's worth, for the seismic, I had no experience at all besides one structural class in college. I used Steven Hiner's on-demand course and studied for two months, and did the three practice exams. I averaged 76%, and 83% in the workbook practice exams, and a very close 69% on the online version. On the actual exam there were probably about 5-7 questions I ran out of time / had no way of solving, but still was able to pass. Good luck for everyone else on this path to a greater future !
Do you have your seismic books that you are willing to sell? Also congrats.

I passed but there isn’t a link attached to the PASS text like the FAIL. Is this the same for everyone else? Do they link it to some formal document later?

Do you have your seismic books that you are willing to sell? Also congrats.
Congrats everyone! I also passed my first try, been studying for 6 weeks with no background. I also listed the materials I used for selling, check out the link below:

I passed but there isn’t a link attached to the PASS text like the FAIL. Is this the same for everyone else? Do they link it to some formal document later?
Check out your Board profile it should show Pass in front of the exam name.

Thanks Alex - on Connect it shows pass on the right side but it isn’t linked. Sounds like it shouldn’t be linked to anything then?
You actually get no links, it is more like just an announcement. You Passed, congrats!

Back