CA PE - APPROVAL TIME FRAME

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

TheLostChemE

TheLostChemE PE
Reaction score
All - How long did it take for you to get your official approval from the California Board?

I submitted my application after passing July 24, 2019. Got pushed to technical review ~08/28/19. Now I just feel like I'm stuck in limbo after 11 weeks...

CAPLS

Reaction score
All - How long did it take for you to get your official approval from the California Board?

I submitted my application after passing July 24, 2019. Got pushed to technical review ~08/28/19. Now I just feel like I'm stuck in limbo after 11 weeks...
Please send me a PM with your contact info and I can check on it

DerekRChristian

Reaction score
I submitted my application end of March 2022, did my laws and rules quiz and sent fingerprint cards within a week. It's almost July and I'm still in technical review. What gives?

NorCalEng

Reaction score

i try to not rant but the more i hear these stories, i cannot help it. the CA Board is horrible! California State is ridiculous! at least they're consistent from the top down.... 😑 a bunch of old hags collecting paychecks and doing absolutely nothing. they meet every month to talk but nothing gets done. they never heard of restaffing? outsourcing? work OT? engineering consultants will do anything - bring them in! if they're so backed up, how about they make an exception just to get over the hump - allow examinees to take the survey & seismic after passing the 8hr while they take their sweet time doing with their "technical review" process. do they truly believe that engineers will invest time, money, energy, and sweat to study and take the exams knowing that they don't meet the criterial? if they somehow do not meet the criterial after passing both CA exams, then don't grant them a license. but to have hundreds of people wait around twiddling their thumbs just to take the exam while they claim backlog and come year 3 - nothing has changed. does not seem that they are doing anything about it and that is unacceptable. everyone impacted by this should voice their opinion. go to the meetings. send them letters. call them.

rant over.

have a nice day, everyone!

Latest posts