CA PE Application w/ COVID

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MECHTRYING

Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing any delays in their application processing?  I got confirmation that my application was delivered, but a little over 2 weeks now and the check has not been cashed.

I'm not sure... But am going through the same thing. I just sent in my application for S.E. Licensure this week. I also got confirmation that it was delivered via the tracking I got when I shipped off my application.

I do know that when I sent my P.E. application back in 2016, the check was cashed immediately, like within a day or two of the application being shown as delivered.

I'm still waiting for them to cash my check... I have delivery confirmation from 10/13, so I'm really hoping it gets cashed soon!

Just to update on 10/19 I received an email confirming receipt of my application and on 10/27 I received notification that my application was approved!

I hope your check is cashed soon if it hasn't already, but it seemed to move very quickly after that point.

Still not cashed, though I have confirmed that my application was received by the front desk person. Apparently the normal cashier is out on maternity leave, and others are trying to cover for her when they're able.

FYI, here's another data point for this thread:

• Confirmed delivery of application to CA BPELSG: 10/13/2020
  • Check was cashed: 11/17/2020
  • Received email that application was received by the CA BPELSG: 11/20/2020
Now my only question is, did my 60 days before contacting the BPELSG (if I don't hear anything from them by, say, January) start when my application was confirmed to be delivered? Or does it start now that the application was finally accepted as received? I'm only concerned because there was a lag of about more than 5 weeks between those two dates.

I'm hoping I get a quick approval like you did, @MECHTRYING!

Okay, here's my final timeline for my S.E. application to the CA BPELSG during COVID-time.

• Confirmed delivery of application to CA BPELSG: 10/13/2020
  • Check was cashed: 11/17/2020
  • Received email that application was received by the CA BPELSG and forward on to technical review: 11/20/2020
  • Received email approval of application and now able to register for the S.E. exams: 01/06/2021
I hope this is helpful for someone out there!

Thanks @leggo PE, this gave me the perspective I needed to figure out how long it'll take for me to get email approval for my application. I took my exam on 12/23/2020, got confirmation I passed on 12/30/2020, and then mailed out my PE application this past Wednesday.

But looks like I got a couple weeks out before I get any official word in 😂😂

Thanks @leggo PE, this gave me the perspective I needed to figure out how long it'll take for me to get email approval for my application. I took my exam on 12/23/2020, got confirmation I passed on 12/30/2020, and then mailed out my PE application this past Wednesday.

But looks like I got a couple weeks out before I get any official word in 😂😂
Congratulations on passing! I hope your wait is considerably shorter than mine. I mean, the original author's wait was a lot shorter than mine. I hit a snag when the main cashier went on maternity leave, right around the time my application was sent in. That was the cause of the 5-week wait between my application arriving at the BPELSG front desk, and the review starting, I believe.

Finally received confirmation from my bank that my check was cashed. So for anyone keeping tabs on this thread as I once was:
  • Confirmed USPS delivery of application to CA BPELSG: 01/11/2021
  • Check cashed date: 02/22/2021
  • Received email that application was received by the CA BPELSG: Pending
Uncertain if the delay was caused by the new CBT testing or holiday break, but either way I'm glad they finally took my money 🤷‍♂️

@ryjames any idea what caused the delay in your check being cashed? I'm in a similar spot..
  • Mailed out via USPS to CA: 02/22/2021
  • Confirmed USPS delivery of application to CA BPELSG: 02/24/2021
  • Check cashed date: Pending?

Hey everyone, putting my timeline out here for others and my own sanity as I practice patience. Applying to CA for a fire protection PE license.
  • Confirmed UPS delivery of application package to CA BPELSG 3.01.2021
  • Check cashed date: Pending

@bernie I called DCA about two weeks ago, and they said that there is quite a delay due to COVID and staff working from home. Then last week I received an email stating that three of my references did not fully complete the 2nd page of my evaluation 😟 the reviewer did not specify exactly what they missed, but fortunately for me I was able to ask my references to re-fill out their forms and was able to send it out again.

Good news is that my application is finally gone into technical review! I received that email yesterday 🤣

So to recap:
  • DCA Email stating my application was out on hold due to incomplete evaluation forms: 03/17/2021
  • Confirmed USPS delivery of updated engagement forms to CA BPELSG: 03/23/2021
  • Received DCA Email stating my application has been forwarded to technical review: 03/26/2021

I just hand delivered my application package to the board (I coincidentally live near their office), they gave me a receipt for my check, and told me the process takes 60 days right now.

Good news everyone! I finally received my license number after a grueling 2.5 month wait time, here's my final timeline based on my own personal experience with the CA PE application process:
  • DCA Email stating my application was out on hold due to incomplete evaluation forms: 03/17/2021
  • Received DCA Email stating my application has been forwarded to technical review: 03/26/2021
  • *Confirmation DCA Email confirming my application has been technically approved: 04/06/2021
  • DCA Website is updated with my credentials and license no.: 04/09/2021
Congrats again to all that passed the PE Power Exam!

Good news everyone! I finally received my license number after a grueling 2.5 month wait time, here's my final timeline based on my own personal experience with the CA PE application process:
  • *Confirmation DCA Email confirming my application has been technically approved: 04/06/2021
  • DCA Website is updated with my credentials and license no.: 04/09/2021
Congrats again to all that passed the PE Power Exam!
Congratulations @ryjames

Here's my timeline.
  • Confirmed delivery: 02/10/2021
  • Received notice of insufficient pay due to $100 fee increase January 1st: 03/19/2021
  • Mailed supplementary check: 03/20/2021
  • Check cashed date: Pending
I spoke with an operator and was told the 60 days started March 19th and to frequently check for payment processing. Fingers crossed the process speeds up in the next few weeks.

@ryjames any idea what caused the delay in your check being cashed? I'm in a similar spot..
  • Check cashed date: Pending?

Jumping on the good news wagon.. I got technically approved! woooo :) Just waiting for the DCA website to update with my license number

Here's my timeline:
  • Check cashed date: Never got a notification
  • DCA Email confirming that my application has been technically approved: 04/20/2021
Never got the in between steps/emails that most people seem to have gotten, but I won't complain lol

Back