CA PE Application w/ COVID

Help Support Engineer Boards:

CaliPE

Reaction score
You should receive an email from your Evaluator when your application goes to technical review. If you do not receive any communication about your application after 60 days from when it was received at the Board office, you could email your Evaluator to request an update (email address on Contact Us page of Board website).

jr_inthefog

Reaction score
I have send in my application 7/30/2021
They received 8/3/2021
Check cashed out on 8/6/2021
I haven't yet heard a single thing or email notification saying they received my application. Is this normal?
I think they say to expect 60 days from reciept for them to review. I went through the whole process pre-covid.

mbautist

Reaction score
I still haven't received approval for the State specific exams and its been a month since I've been in technical review. Timeline is as follows:

Hand delivered Application: 6/21/2021
Checked Cashed: 7/6/2021
Received email for Technical Review: 8/19/2021

Seems pretty common to take the full 60 days to go into Technical Review, but I would've thought it would move much faster when in technical review but I guess I was wrong.

CaliPE

Reaction score
I still haven't received approval for the State specific exams and its been a month since I've been in technical review. Timeline is as follows:

Seems pretty common to take the full 60 days to go into Technical Review, but I would've thought it would move much faster when in technical review but I guess I was wrong.
Sounds like the number of applications in technical review is pretty large.

ForestSoul

Reaction score

I just received notification that my application was approved through technical review yesterday. That was exactly 8 weeks of waiting after I received the email that my application was being referred to technical review. Still waiting on authorization to test form. Email stated that they would send it out before Quarter 4 starts, but heard it sometimes comes after the start.... Good luck with your patience through this all!

SitUpRt

Reaction score
It's a late
I have send in my application 7/30/2021
They received 8/3/2021
Check cashed out on 8/6/2021
I haven't yet heard a single thing or email notification saying they received my application. Is this normal?
Late update but I've received email on 9/21/2021 that my application will be in technical review.

MechEng13

Reaction score
PE Application Timeline

Application Submitted: 6/17/2021
Forwarded to Technical Review: 8/23/2021
Technical Review Complete: 9/30/2021
Application Approved: 10/8/2021

Latest posts